Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL: Straight Flush Draw, call or raise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2NL: Straight Flush Draw, call or raise?

Hi guys,

Recent hand on stars, wanted to know should I have raised or just called as I did with my straight flush draw. I think I'm right on the flop but not sure of the turn or river. Pretty sure of my strength on the river but not 100% that I had the nuts. Assumed the guy was playing some form of KXs, with chance of something like AKs being slim but possible No reads as it was early hand.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 ($3)
    MP1 ($2.16)
    MP2 ($1.28)
    Hero (CO) ($2)
    Button ($4.97)
    SB ($5.21)
    BB ($0.90)
    UTG ($2)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, Q
    1 fold, UTG+1 (poster) checks, MP1 calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls $0.02, 1 fold, BB checks

Flop: ($0.11) J, 2, K (5 players)
    BB bets $0.04, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, 1 fold

Turn: ($0.23) J (3 players)
    BB bets $0.04, MP1 calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04

River: ($0.35) 5 (3 players)
    BB bets $0.12, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.12

Total pot: $0.59

Posting the blinds when you are not in the blinds is burning money. Wait till its your big blind.

As it happened, I'd probably raise my CO here with the poster before me and one limper.

Flop is OK, but I'd prefer raising it up to like 20c.

Turn is a flat. A very easy flat. Raising would be suicide.

I'd raise river to about 50c or so. Of course we don't have the nuts, but there are so many worse hands that he can, and will, call with. We have a very strong hand here.
    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I just raise/ call the flop.

I guess the river is a raise fold, but maybe a raise call depending how bad he is

Comment

raise folding makes the baby jesus cry

just call

Comment

not when he calls with worse!

Comment

don't think you can raise fold with that stack. prob best off raise calling.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
              I'd raise river to about 50c or so. Of course we don't have the nuts, but there are so many worse hands that he can, and will, call with. We have a very strong hand here.
              Thanks. Makes sense looking back, then again most things do! On this though, let's say I raise to 50c and he re-raises all-in? Easy fold I think? But what about a re-raise of another 50c or something? My heart says call but looking at it the only hand he could re-raise with would be the nuts. Am I on the right track with that?

Comment

If I raised the river about 40c but because of his stack size u cant fold to a shove! I do think your ahead but dont think you'll get much more out of him that!

Also what Tommygunne saud don't post wait till your big blind!

Comment

Working...
                X