Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I bluff raise this river v fish?

Hand annoying me from earlier

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($19.35)
    Hero (MP) ($146.92)
    SB ($83.15)
    Button ($100)
    CO ($120.82)
    UTG ($151.65)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8, 6
    UTG bets $3, Hero calls $3, 4 folds

Flop: ($7.50) 2, 9, 4 (2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero bets $4, UTG calls $4

Turn: ($15.50) 7 (2 players)
    UTG checks, Hero bets $11, UTG calls $11

River: ($37.50) 2 (2 players)
    UTG bets $16, [color=#666666]

Villain is recreational player 1000 hands in ~a year on ptr. He playing 27/12/1.5 after 140 hands and has a flop cbet% of 71. Should I make some tiny raise here to fold out his draws or is this more likely one of those blocker bets with a weakish made hand where they call the raise anyway cause they put me on a fd. Or if I do raise do I need to make a manly raise like I would with a full house. Or is raising just a bad idea v this guy

I've seen him raise/call a 3b pf. call flop bet and ship over turn bet with AK v a very aggro player on 234Q was called and was good. This is the only significant hand we've played where he min 3b AA pre and mashed the pot button post on 2t flop and drawey turn and rivered set to bad beat me. That was about 20mins earlier

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) ($147.11)
    Button ($110.91)
    BB ($102.52)
    SB ($101.14)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 2, 2
    Hero bets $3, 2 folds, BB raises $6, Hero calls $4

Flop: ($14.50) Q, 2, 7 (2 players)
    BB bets $13.78, Hero calls $13.78

Turn: ($42.06) J (2 players)
    BB bets $40.06, Hero raises $120.18, BB calls $41.68 (All-In)

River: ($205.54) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $205.54
    Last edited by BobSloane; 03-04-10, 01:33.

I like how you played hand two.

Hand one fold.
    Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Hand 1 - I check behind on the turn sometimes but a bet is fine

Hand 2 - well played

Comment

I think it's a fold in hand 1, up to the river though it's fine imo.

In hand 2 why are you 3-betting, and why so small?
        Last edited by Wreck; 06-04-10, 13:15.
        "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Hand 1:

I rarely bet that flop when checked too, you dont really have any equity against anything he calls with. I dont hate a bet as it folds out a lot but I think he calls too much.

I wouldnt barrell the turn either, he's calling that turn card with whatever he called the flop with usually. Take the free card.

Fold the river, are you not convinced yet? He seems to have a thing for calling...

Hand 2 is well played.
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Its lined up nicely for you to make a big raise. I think that you should make it 85.

Comment

I folded that hand. I was thinking about making it $35 or something gay to fold out his bluffs which he has some % of the time cause I'd be getting a great price on my bluff. Risk 35 to win 53 so if he folds~40% i breakeven. meh folding is prob better anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                I think it's a fold in hand 1, up to the river though it's fine imo.

In hand 2 why are you 3-betting, and why so small?
                Hand 2 the other guy 3bet small pre. That hand is fairly standard i just included it to give an idea of how he played a previous hand which happened to be the only significant pot we had played

Comment

Working...
                X