Whats the story here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the story here??

Couldnt think of a good title but i`m fairly pissed off with this and would like to hear what you guys think and if anyone knows where to i complain.

I collected a mate at 1.12 today with the intentions of driving to gorey to either Boyles or PP to back Big Zeb today. I was running late so i decided to go to a local bookmakers "Final Furlong Bookmakers".
    Got into the shop at 1.25 and wrote out a ton win on Big Zeb at 11/8. Not a major bet by any means but was the only cash i had on me. My mate wrote out a 50 win on the same. I put the docket on the counter and the guy behind the counter took it off the counter and said he may ring it in which he did in a back room. Comes out and tells me they are not taking the bet and i ask how much will you take and the reply is he doesnt want the bet.
    Now i didnt flip but i did say is this a bookies or a sweet shop, rumbled the docket up an fcuked it and the pen on the floor calling them a shower of cowardly cnuts and walked out with my mate spitting fire behind me without saying a whole lot just mumbling.
    Now never in all my born days have i ever been refused a bet no matter how much with the exception of having a grand on my own dog which ted hegarty greatfully declined and took half. Even in p2ps you will always get some sort of bet on.
    What i'm saying is, Is it legal for them to publish prices and not accept a bet?
    And what sort of nancy boys runs a bookies who cant take a liability of 137 yoyos.
    If i can take this further i will as i have never been as shocked with such carry on in all my life.

Forgot to say that this put me on uber tilt and ended up driving to gorey and doing a chunk on saludos etc. I`m that mad i'm going to murder at least 3 penguins tonight and its there fault
    Last edited by whyno; 31-01-10, 21:54.
    "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

A friend that i punt with is not allowed to back ew and any bet he does had to rung up in advane in Paddy Power

Comment

Nothing you can do I don't think, just avoid them and advise others to do likewise. That seems ridiculous tbf

Comment

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
        A friend that i punt with is not allowed to back ew and any bet he does had to rung up in advane in Paddy Power
        Yeah a mate of mine had his boyles and powers accounts both suspended because he had noticed every week there was discrepancies in some of the soccer scorecast prices or something of that sort.he was earning a packet but was outlaying large amounts which sent the alarm bells ringing.
        Yeah NA i`ll tell the hole country but its a bit of a pity i cant complain to a regulatory body of some sort and get them to ruffle the nancy boys feathers.

Comment

Unfortunately under Irish law a bet is considered to be a gentleman's agreement, and a bookie is within their rights to refuse to accept (or pay out on) any bet for any reason.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
            i'm going to murder at least 3 penguins tonight and its there fault
            This reminded me of a quote from a film/show...I'm so angry i could kill a penguin

Can anyone tell me what it's from because it's frustrating me that i can't remember!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
              This reminded me of a quote from a film/show...I'm so angry i could kill a penguin

Can anyone tell me what it's from because it's frustrating me that i can't remember!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Result...Fcukers closed down this evening for good....All my bitching to the resident gamblers in shillelagh worked.

Comment

Working...
                  X