Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2NL: KQs in BB vs. extremely loose player

Hi guys,

Was playing 2NL on stars today and went through this hand. The villain in question (UTG+1) had been playing pretty much any two cards and had showed down 27o and the like. No reliable stats as I had only gone through about 20 or so hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 ($2.18)
    CO ($4.78)
    Button ($4.97)
    SB ($3.17)
    Hero (BB) ($2.11)
    UTG ($6.75)
    UTG+1 ($0.87)
    MP1 ($0.93)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, Q
    UTG calls $0.02, UTG+1 bets $0.08, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.06, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.25) 7, 3, 10 (3 players)
    Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.85) Q (2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.42, Hero raises to $0.84, UTG+1 calls $0.07 (All-In)

Total pot: $1.83

I haven't been playing very long at all so I'm not too sure about his range, though it could be anything based on his previous bets. I don't know if I played the flop correctly with the check/call. To be honest I don't know if I was right on any of the streets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check raise all in on the flop, he doesnt have enough money to fold the turn!

Comment

Tricky spot. I guess it all depends on whether or not you want 1 item or 2 from the eurosaver menu at Mcdonalds.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
        Tricky spot. I guess it all depends on whether or not you want 1 item or 2 from the eurosaver menu at Mcdonalds.
        Balla

Comment

fold to the flop c-bet you really not repping much by raising

c/r the turn is fine because its 2nl and people turn up with all sorts of rubbish here

Comment

Do u have to try be funny all the time or are you just a prick in general?

OP if you are getting involved on flop then play it as pgodkin says above.

Personally I check fold the flop
            Last edited by Aya14; 01-04-10, 15:48.

Comment

Cheers guys. Quick question, the reraise on the flop? Is this to try and get him out of the hand at this point as opposed to seeing a showdown? I figured after the flop that he wasn't going anywhere due to his tiny stack size so is the reraise all-in to get him out rather than get extra money?

Comment

Originally posted by Horsitintoya View Post
                Cheers guys. Quick question, the reraise on the flop? Is this to try and get him out of the hand at this point as opposed to seeing a showdown? I figured after the flop that he wasn't going anywhere due to his tiny stack size so is the reraise all-in to get him out rather than get extra money?
                with his stack size you are getting called anyway which means you are going to show down with K high - meaning you are behind to any pair and Ace high. in fact you are beating sweet feck all that bets that flop.

raising with the worst hand is fine if you think the villain will fold other than that and in 99% of cases when playing in the lower limits id just be raising for value i.e. when your sure you have the best hand

Comment

Unhlepful crap to newbies is not acceptable, and you of all people should be watching what you post. Banned for 5 days. Next time your tight leash won't exist anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    Unhlepful crap to newbies is not acceptable, and you of all people should be watching what you post. Banned for 5 days. Next time your tight leash won't exist anymore.
                    it was funny though just maybe should have given advice aswell.

Could you 3bet here pre lads to like 20c.. as in isolate and play for his little 40bb stack. As played just fold to flop cbet. You hit on turn so it played itself out from there, it all had to go in
                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

I dont play much cash (which im probably about to show)
                      so someone will probably come in and say im wrong
                      but:
                      Originally posted by Horsitintoya View Post
                      Hi guys,

MP2 ($2.18)
                      CO ($4.78)
                      Button ($4.97)
                      SB ($3.17)
                      Hero (BB) ($2.11)
                      UTG ($6.75)
                      UTG+1 ($0.87)
                      MP1 ($0.93)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, Q
                      UTG calls $0.02, UTG+1 bets $0.08, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.06, UTG calls $0.06

One thing i will say about the call here is that you still have UTG to act after you, now unless you KNOW he is just going to call!?

You could be facing a limp looking to put in a big re-raise, then where are you?
                      so you need to think about what is coming after you in this kind of position when calling like this

Flop: ($0.25) 7, 3, 10 (3 players)
                      Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.20
                      Bubble says it better than I could, he is not going away(poxy small stack muppets), you have nothing at minute, i would fold as you looking to catch and could be behind even if you do

At low limits these lads will stay with a hand an awful lot so bluffing is not advisable in spots like this

Turn: ($0.85) Q (2 players)
                      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.42, Hero raises to $0.84, UTG+1 calls $0.07 (All-In)
                      fine by me
                      Total pot: $1.83

I haven't been playing very long at all so I'm not too sure about his range, though it could be anything based on his previous bets. I don't know if I played the flop correctly with the check/call. To be honest I don't know if I was right on any of the streets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                      Keep posting, dont mind the odd spanner coming the fool (not many if ANY other tbh)

I think this is good, so if I quote it it looks like I said it
                      Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                      with his stack size you are getting called anyway which means you are going to show down with K high - meaning you are behind to any pair and Ace high. in fact you are beating sweet feck all that bets that flop.

raising with the worst hand is fine if you think the villain will fold other than that and in 99% of cases when playing in the lower limits id just be raising for value i.e. when your sure you have the best hand
                      good luck!!!
                      Last edited by Guest; 02-04-10, 00:16.

Comment

this,keep playing the low stakes,m,cause if u cant beat them ,u will never beat the higher stakes,master them first then move up levels.post any hands u are having problems with,gl
                        Last edited by peteypop; 02-04-10, 00:05.

Comment

lol @ DBC reply, prety funny. Anyway a few things about the OP's post. Firstly if you don't have an account on FT I'd suggest signing up to them and getting rakeback, you'll get nothing from playing on stars and RB can be a huge help to uNL in helping them move up. As for the hand, I'd 3bet preflop or fold, I prefer 3betting as he'll never fold pre and you'll be left with a pot sized shove on the flop anyway. flop raise is really bad, he's a fish with 40bb's so fold equity is really slim and there is still one other person in the hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                            lol @ DBC reply, prety funny. Anyway a few things about the OP's post. Firstly if you don't have an account on FT I'd suggest signing up to them and getting rakeback, you'll get nothing from playing on stars and RB can be a huge help to uNL in helping them move up. As for the hand, I'd 3bet preflop or fold, I prefer 3betting as he'll never fold pre and you'll be left with a pot sized shove on the flop anyway. flop raise is really bad, he's a fish with 40bb's so fold equity is really slim and there is still one other person in the hand.
                            im not a huge fan of 3-betting pf here. your hand has some good equity but if you 3 bet number 1 your oop and number 2 you likely fold out anything that you have crushed (the only hands that continue have you in pretty bad shape - or should ) i think calling pf here is a better plan

Comment

im not a huge fan of 3-betting pf here. your hand has some good equity but if you 3 bet number 1 your oop and number 2 you likely fold out anything that you have crushed (the only hands that continue have you in pretty bad shape - or should ) i think calling pf here is a better plan

Imo at 2nl 40bb stake is rarely folding to a 3bet and I also think being OOP is better here as we'll be shoving any flop because of stack sizes where as if we were in position and he donk shoves when we miss it's a nasty spot. I think calling is the worst option as I don't feel we ever have enough IO with him being a short stack to call.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                Imo at 2nl 40bb stake is rarely folding to a 3bet and I also think being OOP is better here as we'll be shoving any flop because of stack sizes where as if we were in position and he donk shoves when we miss it's a nasty spot. I think calling is the worst option as I don't feel we ever have enough IO with him being a short stack to call.
                                dont forget UTG is still in the hand with a 300bb stack - at the time of deciding to 3 bet the UTG could decide to 4 bet and we'd have to fold (I understand that UTG will fold a lot but it will still suck the times he 4bets)

I understand what your saying about iso raising the short stack and I agree with you - we shouldnt however leave ourselves open to getting staked by UTG

Comment

Standard 3bet/call preflop. His range for being a spazz is huge and you cant 3bet/fold. As played, all in on the flop, 2 overs with 2 BD draws is definitely too weak to call OOP. Calling preflop isn't awful, if UTG raises it is an easy fold imo and your hand will make good TP hands to get to showdown with.

ED - without wanting to be a prick, that post shows you need to grow up.A lot of ppl stood up for you when you had done little to warrant it, now you are just proving they were mugs to ever get involved.

Comment

Working...
                                  X