Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2/5 live Vic...I like to call but meh

9 handed at The Vic, £2/5...last week

Its about midday and the game has just started. In the line up there is 4 fish of which one is downing double vodka red bulls, he just doubled up getting it on a standard 2 overs and a flush draw against an other fish with qq on a 9high flop...the reasons these are fish I wont get into but lets just say the table is playing loose passive/aggro but loose as the main description.
    Hand in question.
    Effective stacks me £760, villian £1500+
    £2/5
    Straddled pot I make £45 with AKo from mp.
    Only person I dont want to play a pot with calls from the button(Zach C)-wont go into to 2 much info but he is very aggro and a decent player
    Pot (£107)
    Flop 67Qr
    I bet £65, he calls
    Turn (£247) 67QAdd
    I check, he bets £140, I call.
    River(£527) 67QATr
    I check, he takes like 2 secs max and shoves, "telling the dealer Im allin"

So its to me and its £500 to call???

Villain is hyper aggro, a friend had already told me he is by far the best player at the table and is def capable of making moves. IMO I think there is a very good chance that he thinks Im playing scared money( which altho I only have £1.5k on me Im no were near scared money)

Before this hand Iv played TAG and basically played abc, also I refused a request from the lad downing the double vodkas&redbull to have a drink with him, whatever do u fold or call?????????????????????????????????/

Or else how bad is my line, this is why I hate playing oop against described villain.
    Last edited by ShipIt; 01-04-10, 01:35. Reason: awful typing/spelling

think you have to raise turn, feels like hes floating you on the flop. the way the betting goes seems like the ace is a scare card to you when it should be to him.
    i dont know much about cash tho the cash heads will give better evaluation, just giving how it looks to me..

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Iron View Post
      think you have to raise turn, feels like hes floating you on the flop. the way the betting goes seems like the ace is a scare card to you when it should be to him.
      i dont know much about cash tho the cash heads will give better evaluation, just giving how it looks to me..

If you think he's floating why do you want to raise turn?

Comment

The way it came out, call

I would bet the turn

Comment

Bet the turn. Call now.

Comment

If you're deciding to play TPTK as a bluffcatcher against a LAG then you should never fold in a spot like this.
            Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

I think you need to examine the dynamics a bit more. you have been told that he is the best player at the table, however what does he know about you? if he doesnt know much i cant see him making a risky bluff so this hand looks like 2 pair or better. He could have floated the flop and picked up a draw when he bet out on the turn. I defo think he's gonna play a more standard game until he develops a proper read about you. In this spot its a fold for me.

the insta shove at the end could mean a bluff, but if he's the best player at the table and he thinks you are someway competent then there's a good chance he is acting strong so that you think he is weak. Yeah, he played this well and I would have to give it up to him until you develop better reads on him yourself.

I would prefer to bet/fold turn instead of c/c and bet the river if it bricked. the way you played it i would probably have called the river shove only if the draw bricked off at the end..

Definitely a tough spot.

Comment

your hand is a bit under repped. I like check calling the turn once you call now

Comment

I have him on a set of 6s or 7s ! Im folding here allways rarely think this move is a bluff !
                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Out of curiosity why did you check the turn?

------------

How many hands into the session?

(1) Have you folded on the turn in a previous hand with betting on the flop?

(2) Have you seen villain bet flop, turn and check fold river yet?

(3) Has he made any thin value bets on the river that you have seen?

------------

What hand that calls pre flop and on the flop has improved on the river and is it likely that he called your c-bet on the flop with those hands?

Its not likely that he called with KJ on the flop especially on a rainbow board.
                    89 is a possibility and imo if he has it then you pay him off and rebuy.
                    He could have flopped a set of 6s or 7s but then again imo you pay him off.

A decent part of his range on the button is calling with any ace 76bb effective deep with an LAG style.

AQ he will probably 3 bet you pre.
                    AT is also in the 3 betting range of an LAG on the button.

That leaves A6 and A7 that you lose to and A2,A3,A4,A5,A8,A9,AJ,KQ,QJ, and some 6s and 7s that he is turning into a bluff if he thinks you will fold Q8, Q9, QJ, KQ, 88, 99 after he took the lead on the turn.

You are getting 2/1 on the river call and a wide range that this type of player will shove with against someone playing TAG who checked the turn and made what appeared to be a scared pot control call.

He only needs you to fold 50% of the time and you have underrepped your hand.

Call.

Also if you fold he will increase his aggression towards you when he has position on you, call and he wont play back at you as much which over the course of the session in theory will make/save you money.
                    Last edited by VenturePunter; 01-04-10, 16:30.

Comment

You have turned your hand face up as Ax at best.......does he think you can fold a hand?

As played you have to call imo considering reads

Comment

Thoughts on a blocking bet on the river?

Comment

why would you wanna do that?

Comment

Working...
                          X