Wimbledon 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wimbledon 2012

Meant to post this earlier, anyone have any bet recommendations please?

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    Meant to post this earlier, anyone have any bet recommendations please?
    Andy Murray to make it to the semi final raising expectations and being crowned the king of tennis before crashing out and breaking English hearts.

Comment

Djokovic for me at best priced 13/8 to lift the crown. Federer available across the board at 9/2 but i don't have a roll big enough to be limping on Djok to make it work my while. Instead, going to have a flutter on Tsongs and Del Petro e/w to see if i get a run for my money

Tsonga is 40/1 on Sporting Bet and as low as 25/1 in other places. He took Djok to 5 sets in the French Open Q/Fs taking a 2-1 lead and losing the 4th set on a tie break. Looking through his last 10 tournaments, he's been beaten in the QFs in 6 of them losing to Djok, Nadal, Del Petro in some games. He beat Federer in the QF at Wimbledon last year and lost to Djok in the SF but if he picks up his game, you might get a sweat out of him. Plays Hewitt in the 1st round which isn't going to be easy but will tell a lot about how he's playing on grass. 2nd round should be a piece of piss and will play Wawrinka in the 3rd round which wont be a walkover. If he gets through that, Mardy Fish is most likely in the 4th round and then a tricky one against Nadal in the QF. Won't be easy at all, but let's burn some money

Del Potro is 75s on Betfair, 50s on Boyles and 25s on Bluesquare and 888 so bookies don't seem to all be singing from the same hymn sheet. Of the last 29 Grand Slams, 28 have been won by the big 3 and Del Potro holds the other win so he has the game to win a Slam. He's lost in the QF of the French and the Australian Opens losing to Federer each time, aswel as the other 3 meetings this year so not sure if he can rise to the challenge and beat Fed. Del Potro doesn't seem to have an trouble at all in the 1st 3 rounds. He can face Roddick/Ferrer in Round 4, and Murray should sail through to the QFs and play him there. Another possible sweat to keep you going into week 2

As for the womens, Sharapova is favourite but Li Na has beaten her 4 of the last 5 times they've met, and each one was straight sets. She won the French Open and got beaten in the Australian Open in 2011 so has a bit of game and i'm backing her e/w @ 28/1

Comment

The money back special on powers looks decent, max E100, if you are going with one of the big 4, especially on the womens market as they are all capable of getting KO before the QF. (Sharapova 5/2)

Refund applies if your player is knocked out before the Wimbledon quarter-finals
        Applies to single bets placed before the 1st match in round 2 is played only.
        Applies to Mens and Ladies outright betting only.
        Applies to win part of each-way bets only
        Applies to the following 4 players in each outright only;
        Mens: R Nadal, N Djokovic, R Federer, A Murray.
        Ladies: M Sharapova, S Williams, P Kvitova, V Azarenka.
        Max refund for free bet e100/£100 per customer per outright.
        Paddy Power Tennis rules apply.
        Online and Mobile bets only.

Other than that id have a cut at Li Na @22/1 PP and Kim Clijsters @ 20/1 PP(shop around for prices) apparently KC retiring after this.

Comment

Jame Baker in running @10/1 to beat Roddick. Playing well and has made Roddick work hard in the first two service games. Could be a long match which would suit him.

Opr

Comment

Balls, rain delay which is a right kick as was hoping the longer it went on the more Roddick might tire. Doesn't even look like they will resume tonight.

Opr

Comment

Gonna back Sharapova to beat Pironkova 2-1 at around 9/2 on betfair.
              It's a tricky game for Sharapova she may win handy but Pironkova had a good run here last year and will Maria a real test.

Comment

Wozniacki 66/1 with Sporting Bet. Price is wrong should be able to trade after she wins this first match. Playing much much better than she has been of late in what was a tough opening round draw.

Opr

Comment

Wozniacki a set up with a break in the second. Misses a couple of match points and loses the set in a tie breaker. Goes another break up in the third and manages to lose the match. fml!

Opr

Comment

What's the reason behind her fall from grace. Wasn't she No1 for over a year? Haven't been following a lot of tennis of late and didnt even realise she was gone to shit

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      What's the reason behind her fall from grace. Wasn't she No1 for over a year? Haven't been following a lot of tennis of late and didnt even realise she was gone to shit
                      She was never that good. Consistent but never top class, No. 1 by default. She didn't even win many titles just constant last 8 or last 4, combine that with Serena barely playing and Sharapova being awful for a couple of years.

Comment

Probably a lot to be said for the whole McIlroy relationship as well, he's also out of sorts, seems a bit too coincidental imo

Comment

In future when it comes to following tennis tips its definitely NOpr for me

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                            In future when it comes to following tennis tips its definitely NOpr for me
                            Fuck off

Baker went to as low as 3-1 in running during that first set after I posted. He had loads of chances on Roddick's serve but just couldn't convert and the rain delay overnight didn't help things.

Wozniacki was 66/1 overnight when she was a break down in the first set and facing serve to lose the set. She was a set and a break up when I posted she was still 66/1, so I think it may have been value.

Opr

Comment

Djokovic went a set down and was still 1/9

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                Gonna back Sharapova to beat Pironkova 2-1 at around 9/2 on betfair.
                                It's a tricky game for Sharapova she may win handy but Pironkova had a good run here last year and will Maria a real test.
                                Also after all my alk about this I fell asleep and mssed the bet

Comment

Working...
                                X