Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP -vs- HP

Hi guys can you give me a bit of advice about a laptop,

I was given a new HP g6 thins one http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ie/en...981.html?dnr=1

and its more use as a paper weight it turns out nothing but faults with it,

Its been away twice to HP for repair and still just a pain in the whole and I refused to let them to take it a 3rd time so after much discussion and gathering information so I would procceed tot he small claims court for the price of the laptop their sales manager rang me and bla bla bla sorry your having such a abd experience with your HP product let me replace it for you

Now they came back and said the exact same model was no longer available to replace it but they said they are willing to replace it with a similar model with the same spec or better

they came back offer this one http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...roduct=5226900

Anyway I dont know much about processors etc but I can see this new one has a Core-i3 rather than the Intel® Pentium® B960 that is currently in the one I have

I take it the Core-i3 are better then?

I though since this is a negotiation for a replacement I would go ahead and chance my arm and ask for a slightly better model as I noticed the one they offered first doesnt actually have a HDMI like the one I already have so sent them off a counter offer for this machine http://www8.hp.com/ie/en/products/la...ml?oid=5278401 which has a core-i5 but less DDR what ever the fuck that is?

Wht notebook your you tech heads go for that would be reaonably close that I would get away with asking for?

pretty let down that this isnt a brown sauce thread
    airport, lol

Comment

From my limited knowledge, i3 seems to be the fat kid on the market that gets picked last for sports. Try to get an i5 or i7 or it will be pretty laggy. A better resolution wouldn't go astray either but it seems reasonable enough for the price range it's in

Comment

hmmm got an email from the sale guy im dealing with

Originally posted by HP Support
        Dear Mr Doyle,

Thank you for Contacting HP Customer Support

I will contact our wholesalers now to see if the HP Pavilion g6-2042sa Notebook PC (B1U74EA is in stock. If this model is unavailable I will ask them to supply an alternative unit with an HDMI connection
        Get the impression they are willing to work with me on model anyway so thats good,

Comment

lol knew this was a negotiation

They came back now offering http://www.hpshop.ie/sp/cat/HP_Lapto...=B1Y18EA%23ABU

Old -vs- New

Intel® Pentium® B960 2.2 GHz /// Intel Core i5-2450M
          4 GB DDR3 /// 6 GB DDR3

While I dont know much about laptops I think Im coming off best here

Comment

lol why not chance my arm again so said the machine will do fine but i noticed the battery from the faulty one fits it also so trying to work it out i keep both batteries

Comment

Not a bad replacement. Can they stick a USB 3 slot in it

The problem I have with HP was the NVidia chip. I just had a quick look as in class but looks like an Intel one. phew! my HP had probs with the overheating.

Comment

Insta snap off the i5, that CPU crushes Pentiums..

@MrsFD. I wouldn'y worry about that old nvidia issue these days. Most of the laptops with that issue are 4 or 5 years old now. Of all the laptops I've worked on made after that fiasco I haven't seen a similar fault on such a big scale.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                  Insta snap off the i5, that CPU crushes Pentiums..

@MrsFD. I wouldn'y worry about that old nvidia issue these days. Most of the laptops with that issue are 4 or 5 years old now. Of all the laptops I've worked on made after that fiasco I haven't seen a similar fault on such a big scale.
                  If they were going to stick to the first one offered with the Core-i3 I was goign to accept that but had to be cheeky lol

The only reason I asked to keep the battery is the fuckers are €140 to replace with a new one ffs but not to puched if they say no

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                    Not a bad replacement. Can they stick a USB 3 slot in it

The problem I have with HP was the NVidia chip. I just had a quick look as in class but looks like an Intel one. phew! my HP had probs with the overheating.
                    whats the difference between 2.0usb & 3.0 usb?

Comment

Score!!!!

The paper weight will be collected monday & the Core-i5 delivered tuesday

Said I had to sent to whole machine back so it logs properly received but to drop him a email and he'll ship out and extra free battery

Got to love it when you complain to their management how they bend over backwards to help you then

Comment

lol while clicking on this, though it 50/50 it was one of those scam junkmail but had to click it incase it was from HP

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
                          whats the difference between 2.0usb & 3.0 usb?
                          USB 3.00 has higher transfer rates up to 4.8Gbps

USB 2.00 has transfer rates up to 480Mbps

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                            USB 3.00 has higher transfer rates up to 4.8Gbps

USB 2.00 has transfer rates up to 480Mbps
                            yeah actually stopped being lazy and googles it, imprssive alright but im happy enough getting the way better processor and more memory etc

Comment

Working...
                            X