Andy lee vs Chavez jr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy lee vs Chavez jr

Anybody else think lee is overpriced at 3/1 against Chavez jr tonight, he is up against it in Chavez back garden but has got to be worth a bet and lee is easily the mexicans biggest test to date.

Hard to understand why lees management would give up so much advantage agreeing to fight in the Mexicans back garden. It's just not as clear cut as the prices suggest and granted Chavez is improving fast but lee has the ability to spoil the party here.

Lee by ko @ 6/1 for a small stake and a Nice bet on 3/1

Completely agree with you, but if it goes to points no matter how he fights given the state of boxing he becomes a 100/1 shot
    The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
      Completely agree with you, but if it goes to points no matter how he fights given the state of boxing he becomes a 100/1 shot
      I think 6/1 on a KO is good value but no way Lee takes this on points. El Paso ffs...

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
        Well in that case theres no point in backing him at 3/1 to win but at 6/1 for KO

Comment

I took Lee at 6/1 for the KO and had a little side bet on round 8 (40/1) and 9 (45/1) also. Small stakes but either way i really hope Lee takes his shot.

Comment

pro tip

Don't bet on something where the result is pre determined and you are not privy to the info

Comment

where are ye getting these prices? bet365 have lee by ko at 9/1

Comment

PP don't have a bet365 account.

Comment

I wont be punting this fight, but if Andy has any chance its a KO. Stamina seems to be a problem for Lee(always looks out on his feet in later rds) so i'm hoping he he knocks Chavez out before that.

Agree with above, Lee cant get a decision no matter what happens. Chavez is another money hype machine so nothing only him been put to sleep will do for Lee.

Imo Lee's best chance is KO before the 9th. Hope he gives a good account of himself as the next 2 yrs will see him get his biggest fights.

Comment

Yeah the only way lee gets a decision here is if he knocks Chavez down in multiple rounds...even then he will have to dominate from the first to last second this is why I kinda don't understand the management of lee agreeing to his fight unless they think he has a legit chance of giving Chavez his first ko loss.

I hope lee does himself justice in this fight and gets a fair shake from the ref and judges.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                      pro tip

Don't bet on something where the result is pre determined and you are not privy to the info
                      Defo good advice but degens gonna degen

Comment

wonder did any of ye bother to watch the fight for a finish? andy was always up against it here. yes i thing chavez maybe was and probably still is overhyped but he took care of andy easily. never troubled him and them body shots take there toll. well done andy / the better boxer won.

Comment

Yeah that wasn't as close as I expected, Chavez has improved year on year and credit were its due in this case.

Comment

Working...
                          X