Two monitors on one laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two monitors on one laptop

Would anyone be able to help me figure out if i can run two 24" monitors on an Acer aspire 5553 without anything else like graphics cards and all that crap.

Thanks

Curious about this too. Anyone here doing it?

I believe you can get some sort of box that acts an intermediary.
    Whether that is needed I guess depends on what outputs your laptop has.

Dunno if all graphics cards will handle it either.
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Hello,

If you mean to connect 2 monitors up to your laptop and not use the laptop screen at all, you just need to purchase a splitter (or something to that effect!), it costs like €50 and does the trick if your laptop has the right graphics cards and stuff. Beyond 2000 off Sth William Street have them or can order them in.

If you intend to run 2 monitors AND use your laptop screen (having 3 distinct screen spaces) I believe you are out of luck, I've tried to get this done and no tech person I've spoken to had any idea how to do it/ if it could be done!

Comment

Some new laptops have 2 graphics cards which make it easy. Mine has HDMI, MiniDisplayport off which I run 2 30"

Comment

I think that Acer model has a VGA and HDMI output? What connections do the monitors have?

Comment

pretty sure you need 2 graphics cards for this if you want all 3 screens working at the same time.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
              Curious about this too. Anyone here doing it?

handy for operating multi-accounts

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

the acer 5553 has a VGA and a HDMI output. If your monitors have HDMI and VGA imputs, you can connect one via HDMI and one via VGA.
                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Thanks lads. Think i will just get a 27" and save any hassle. Torture playing 3 sites on a laptop

Comment

you can daisy chain on a displayport
                    but zods solution is quite elegant
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                    X