Access & Excel Grinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Access & Excel Grinds

Lads if anyone here is interested in giving grinds for the above topics let me know or if they know someone please contact me with details.

I have a project to complete and im clueless as ive missed out on all last years IT as i got an exemption to year 2.

Id pay €15 per hour ( would this seem ok? I figure its double min wage ) id probably only need about 3-4 grinds.
    Pm for rakeback deals

I'd know excel very well if you sent on what the project is i could let ya know if im your man or not

edit: sending you a pm now
    Last edited by eamonhonda; 13-03-12, 17:28.
    airport, lol

Comment

jaysus that's money for old rope.
      What kind of stuff are you looking at tipp?
      VB macros? Absolutes? form design? etc
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        jaysus that's money for old rope.
        What kind of stuff are you looking at tipp?
        VB macros? Absolutes? form design? etc
        what he says if I/we can help ya over a few emails I or whatever I wouldnt be asking ya for any money
        airport, lol

Comment

Thats the guts of it lads. I have to do it on a motor tax office i have the basic access filled with info but making it link, queries, forms etc.... is a disaster. I got your pm eamon aswell but said id just post it here as everyone can comment.

2.1.2 MS Excel Spreadsheets (45%)
          The Excel element of this project should demonstrate the following skill set:
          • Professional formatting, data management and calculations across multiple worksheets.
          • Professional naming conventions for all worksheets.
          • Importation and integration of data from the database and external sources.
          • Absolute, relative and mixed cell referencing.
          • Examples of Basic Functions with logical criteria applied.
          • Examples of Basic IF Statements and Nested IF statements.
          • Example of LOOKUPs.
          • Example of Pivot Table.
          • Professional use of charts and graphs.
          • Professional document layout

2.1.3 Access Database (30%)
          The Access database should provide examples of the following:
          • The importation of data from MS Excel to create a minimum of 1 table in MS Access.
          • 4-6 tables created complete with primary keys denoted and relevant validation rules.
          • Relationships created between all tables with referential integrity and cascade update.
          • All tables populated with a suitable number of records.
          • Demonstrate the use of queries (minimum 4 queries) to provide answers to business scenarios/questions. These queries must demonstrate your expertise in using queries to query a database. The queries must provide answers to given scenarios, facilitated, across multiple table content by a combination of refinement methods such as specifying criteria, using wildcards and calculated fields, amongst others covered in class.
          • End User Forms with buttons for every table allowing navigation and add/delete/modify the data in the database tables.
          • Reports based on queries / queries with tables. At least one report should contain calculated fields.
          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Did this in 2nd year and did average enough in it. Think I actually googled the formulas and stuff because I did it in a couple of days as usual. Can't help you now man as I'm in the middle of doing a 2 week dissertation. Why do I do it to myself
            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
              Did this in 2nd year and did average enough in it. Think I actually googled the formulas and stuff because I did it in a couple of days as usual. Can't help you now man as I'm in the middle of doing a 2 week dissertation. Why do I do it to myself
              Trust me you help me enough in acquiring Access.
              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

To be honest looking at the requirements i recognise it all but its shown me how I may have gone a bit stale in all this. Someone else using this regularly these days might be better helping you.
                airport, lol

Comment

Where are you based?

Comment

If you have the time I recommend teaching yourself from the Interwebs. I presume you will genuinely want to know how to use these programmes, so if you have the time before the project is due I say teach yourself.

There are innumerable good sources of learning online. You will pick up way more doing it this way then someone showing you how to do exactly what you need for the specific project. Bottom up is definitely the way to go with this stuff or you will always have fundamental holes in your game.

Comment

Originally posted by nijinsky View Post
                      Where are you based?
                      I assume it wouldnt matter as i would use teamviewer or something like that for grinds. Im based in Tipp/waterford fwiw. Interested ?

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                      If you have the time I recommend teaching yourself from the Interwebs. I presume you will genuinely want to know how to use these programmes, so if you have the time before the project is due I say teach yourself.

There are innumerable good sources of learning online. You will pick up way more doing it this way then someone showing you how to do exactly what you need for the specific project. Bottom up is definitely the way to go with this stuff or you will always have fundamental holes in your game.
                      Time really isnt my best friend and ya i 100% want to learn all the stuff. I know i could easily find someone to do up the project in a few hours for a few $$. Its not really going to stand to me long term if i did that.
                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I have this book from the course I did last year, it is so easy to understand, if you want I could post it to you, if its any help.

Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                          I assume it wouldnt matter as i would use teamviewer or something like that for grinds. Im based in Tipp/waterford fwiw. Interested ?
                          I think a grind would need to be face to face. I'm in Dublin so don't think it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                            I have this book from the course I did last year, it is so easy to understand, if you want I could post it to you, if its any help.

http://www.gillmacmillan.ie/computer...es-2nd-edition
                            Thanks for the offer Michelle, i hold tough for the moment tho.
                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by nijinsky View Post
                              I think a grind would need to be face to face. I'm in Dublin so don't think it would work.
                              I agree a grind would need to be face to face.
                              Get the book, spend the time and do the work.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadPat View Post
                                I agree a grind would need to be face to face.
                                Get the book, spend the time and do the work.
                                Really i thought with the advancement in technology now skype, teamviewer and so on that its more or less the same thing.
                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Hey, I failed this project 22% i received. Im not sure how as i had a lady giving me grinds as the project went along. It seems that i got so advanced that i left out the basics.

If anyone has a clue about this sort of project would they be willing to have a look at mine and see if im missing what the lecturer claims im missing? I was actually shocked when i saw the result.
                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Hey, I failed this project 22% i received. Im not sure how as i had a lady giving me grinds as the project went along. It seems that i got so advanced that i left out the basics.

If anyone has a clue about this sort of project would they be willing to have a look at mine and see if im missing what the lecturer claims im missing? I was actually shocked when i saw the result.
                                    When do you need the feedback by? i don't mind having a quick look if you want but it could be next week before I get back to you.

Comment

Assuming its only the excel part that needs reviewing. Upload to google docs or send me a PM if you wnat to email it to me. should be ok to have a look over.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                        When do you need the feedback by? i don't mind having a quick look if you want but it could be next week before I get back to you.
                                        Well i find it absolutely shocking i failed it when i had someone who is trained in excel/access helping me. I do slightly wonder about it all and id like a third party view on it.

I thought you asked why not when so ignore my comments above. No panic really i just want a third part point of view before i approach the person who helped me. Ive only myself to blame anyway. I could have passed it without any help, but from the lecturers feedback it seems that i didnt show my work.
                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by AKDonk View Post
                                          Assuming its only the excel part that needs reviewing. Upload to google docs or send me a PM if you wnat to email it to me. should be ok to have a look over.
                                          They integrate with each other so kind of need someone with an idea of both. Thanks for the offer all the same.
                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Well i find it absolutely shocking i failed it when i had someone who is trained in excel/access helping me. I do slightly wonder about it all and id like a third party view on it.

I thought you asked why not when so ignore my comments above. No panic really i just want a third part point of view before i approach the person who helped me. Ive only myself to blame anyway. I could have passed it without any help, but from the lecturers feedback it seems that i didnt show my work.
                                            I'll send you a pm with my email and you can send it on if you like. I can do the access bit and AKDonk can do the excel bit if it suits (see his post above).

Comment

TBH, I'd be surprised if it was the access part of it.

I also dunno how you can fail this if this is a relational project
                                              if a doesnt work, b wont and so on. If that was the case, before you completed you'd know.
                                              Unless I'm misunderstanding what you needed to do
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                              X