Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheltenham Syndicate

Hey Folks,

Would there be any interest in a betting syndicate purely for Cheltenham?

I don't think I can get any days off this year so would be nice to have something to follow in work.

In saying this I wouldn't be able to organise it as I would not be 100% able to guarantee the time. Also it would be good to use the Bet365 offer and I already have an account.

Any interest? I was thinking €20/€50 depending on numbers?

*I also nominate Dice to organise!

if your doing this and on bet365 it would be better to for someone to open a new account to get the €200 bonus. I know nothing about the ggs apart from what i learnt in leopardstown
    SPOILER
    orange in the jockeys colours ftw
    so i wouldn't be interested.

Comment

Definitely interested, would think a larger entry would be better?

EDIT: Have a 365 acc also so can't run it.

Comment

Would need someone to open a new Bet365 account to run it so me no good.

I propose PitbullAA?

Comment

A tipping comp>> syndicate
          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            A tipping comp>> syndicate
            Agree with Sledge!

Comment

I'd deffo do it,sydicates a better idea though 'cause for the sake of losing your 50 your getting odds on the horses as opposed to just winning a pool.

Also a friend of mine does the morning prices for Victor Chandler and so he usually gets some good info for Cheltenham.I worked in a bookies for 6 years so im basically just a degen

Comment

paddy power refunding on arkle if sprinter sacre wins,

Comment

I'd be into joining this let us know how much it is , cheers

Comment

Originally posted by liz:) View Post
                    I'd deffo do it,sydicates a better idea though 'cause for the sake of losing your 50 your getting odds on the horses as opposed to just winning a pool.

Also a friend of mine does the morning prices for Victor Chandler and so he usually gets some good info for Cheltenham.I worked in a bookies for 6 years so im basically just a degen
                    Can we change your screen name for the run up to Cheltenham? Something horsey related like "The open ditch"
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Can we change your screen name for the run up to Cheltenham? Something horsey related like "The open ditch"
                      uummmmmmm,that particular one may not be appropriate,but im open to suggestions perhaps

Comment

lol. V good. Will do it later

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                          what??!! i didnt agree to that name! no no no

Comment

uummmmmmm,that particular one may not be appropriate,but im open to suggestions perhaps
                            What's wrong with it?

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                            A nice accompanying pic too Kev while your at it obv.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

what??!! i didnt agree to that name! no no no
                              How about 'the dead cert'

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Harper View Post
                                paddy power refunding on arkle if sprinter sacre wins,
                                Just like the novices a few years back. Based on that, you can guarentee a win, although Small. You can guarentee min 20% return if you gamble on no 33/1 shot or worse taking it down.

Both the below based on €100 stakes. PP will refund up to €100 per bet, so the stakes can be increased to match.

Comment

Originally posted by AKDonk View Post
                                  Just like the novices a few years back. Based on that, you can guarentee a win, although Small. You can guarentee min 20% return if you gamble on no 33/1 shot or worse taking it down.

Both the below based on €100 stakes. PP will refund up to €100 per bet, so the stakes can be increased to match.
                                  Good analysis but hardly worth the effort for such a small return.
                                  Last edited by Thefonze; 28-02-12, 20:01.

Comment

I don't know I'd do that in 4 shops to all but guarantee €200!

Comment

Maths fail... €400 to breakeven or win min €100. Will have to give it some thought.

Comment

You aren't guaranteed a return. There is a reason Sprinter Sacre is 5/4 and a reason for the promo.

Also, if you do a proper dutch on the second, can you have it so that your get a $38.50 or so if any of those 6 win, rather than varible profit. (stakes of £36.88/£23.05/£15.37/£11.53/£6.59/£6.59)

Or better yet, hutch the bets so that the the profit is related to chances of winning.

Last edited by Mellor; 28-02-12, 22:50.

Comment

It's nice to see a player playing the game AKDonk! Narrow it to a 4 horse race though....

There are only a few realistic outcomes in this years Arkle and if Powers are offering money back on Sprinter Sacre they think they can get him beat. They have laid this offer on a short priced fav in the Supreme Novice the last three years and dually the fav failed each time. However, they are taking a huge chance with a horse who broke a 20 year old track record of a dual Queen Mother winner on slower ground and carrying only 5lb less. The reason Powers think he'll get beat is his strong travelling nature and his inability to run on in last years Supreme Novice hurdle when looking the all over winner before jumping the last. Sprinter Sacre looks a better chaser than a hurdler and that's what really separates him from the rest of the field. However, if he is to have a bogey course, it does look like the steep Cheltenham finish. Peddler's Cross does have superior hurdles form to anything in the race and has brought it to the table on both previous Festival outings. His shrewd trainer made excuses for his crushing defeat by SS at Kempton and there will be more to come from him here back at Cheltenham. If they duck the Arkle with Peddlers Cross and go for the Jewson you can be sure they are running from the fav, and, if they think that with a Champion Hurdle runner-up you can be stacking off on Sprinter Sacre. Al Ferof, my own personal favourite, because he's as honest is the day is long with loads of class but there's not a whole lot to him buildwise. That said, he chases really well for a lightly framed horse. He battled by 'Sprinter Sacre' on the run-in last years Supreme Novice and there is no doubt that he brings his A game here to Prestbury Park each time he goes. Cue Card, the other potential victor has bags of talent, chinned Al Ferof in some style in the 2010 Bumper. His chink is his novicey jump. He's not as natural a chaser as Al Ferof and Sprinter Sacre at this stage and while I think loads of this horse his jumping reflects his price. Call The Police is the dark horse in this facinating race but he looks more likely to go for the Jewson over 2m 5f instead. He has travelled really well in both chase starts and that could only stand to him here in a ridiculosly good race. 33-1 he is and rightly so but I think he'd do as well in the Arkle as he might in the Jewson.

The Rest = Lay. Menorah just doesn't chase well enough and looks bound to hit one. He'd go close with a good round of jumping and good to soft going but he shouldn't get his preferred ease in going with the ground riding good currently - I don't see why they don't let nature take its course and ride good with no soft in it and water during the meeting if it's quick. Kid Cassidy also can't jump properly and McCoy will do well to get around. Blackstairmountain is not as accomplished as the above over hurdles and too is novicey. Bog Warrior won't go on anything less than soft. Astracad is held by Al Ferof over C/D.

Paddy Power Odds - 11-10 SPRINTER SACRE, PEDDLERS AND AL FEROF 7/2, CUE CARD 7-1, 11-1 Bar.

BACK to a 100 unit investment - 40/40 @ 7-2, 20 @ 7-1.
                                          %PROFIT on Investment - 80 if Al Ferof or Peddlers wins, 60 if Cue Card wins.
                                          Money Back if SS wins.

I like Al Ferof to run the favourite close but I've him back @ 7-1 and wouldn't invest the same in him now at 7-2. I'm going colder now having thought pre-season that he'd be my main bet in this race. Cue Card is hard to assess and will need a good round of jumping to mix it here and that's where the bookies look safe enough at 7's. This will come down to jumping and that's where I'm confident of at least a return of my investment.

Calling it with a slight gamble in mind again to a 100 euro.

BACK - AL Ferof 55 @ 7/2, Peddler's 25 @ 7-2, Cue Card 20 @ 7-1.
                                          %PROFIT - 147.5 Al Ferof wins, 12.5 Peddlers Cross wins, or, 60 Cue Card wins.
                                          Money Back if SS wins.

Enjoy what should be a classic race!

Boston Bob @ 12's for the Neptune and Sea of Thunder @ 16's for the Albert Barlett were my two biggest ante-post bets and I look forward to seeing one of them run close. The double would be real sweet.

Comment

Working...
                                          X