Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racing Today

Here are my bets for today.

1. Staying Article ew at Leopardstown - beat a good horse last time out despite hitting the front way too soon, could be a class act and 12/1 good value each way.

Lucky 15 Cheltenham- Mister Hyde 1.30, Poquelin 2.05, Tidal Bay 2.35, Batonnier 3.10. All in with shouts and ew again for me.

Hinterland should win the last and i will likely have a big bet on him, i put this horse up before when he won and left him last time. TBH he got a poor ride last time out as too much use made f him.

Finally I backed Wymott ew at doncaster but only very small and only cos he is on my Ten to follow.

Good luck all. Hope these go well.

Does anyone know much about the 2m 5f Leopardstown Handicap Chase (Grade A) (5yo plus) today? Is it a good quality field? My uncle was telling me about a horse before that is running there today and was just wondering would he be very outclassed? His name is Wicklow lad

Comment

Low weight for Wicklow Lad so has a shout!

Good day for me, that last one helped! Place money pays well.

Hope you availed.

Comment

Have to say a massive thanks here! Had €40 left in my bet365 acc so lumped it on Batonnier ew €390 now. Thanks for the tip dude!

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
          Have to say a massive thanks here! Had €40 left in my bet365 acc so lumped it on Batonnier ew €390 now. Thanks for the tip dude!
          Delighted for you! Glad to hear others having some joy.

Lost some of the winnings from today back on Hinterland there but will still support him at Cheltenham. Its only on loan i hope!
          Last edited by Thefonze; 28-01-12, 16:26.

Comment

Nicely rested this morning after a nice dinner out with the missus followed by a fair few pints all paid for by that nice Mr Power. Hope many of my followers did likewise.

Bet for today is another ew lucky 15

1.55 Majestic Oak- not raced that often over fences and open to improvement.
            2.30 Unaccompanied - Opposing the fav here as this might be the day he gets beat, he has obiviosly had training problems so happy to take the 4's on this class filly.
            3.05- Touch Base - The McCoy factor
            3.35- Gimil's Return -sneaks in at the bottom of the weights and has some ability in what is a poor race.

Good luck me and all who follow.

Comment

jigalo at 13 .55 with boston bob double

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                jigalo at 13 .55 with boston bob double
                Boston Bob won at 9/4. Unlucky on the double.

Well done on Day1 Fonze.

Any interest in posting your ten to follow?

Comment

Day 2 not so good but very happy with Day 1. Was not able to watch the racing from yesterday as of yet as i was on the beer all day at Jonny fox's, what else to be done on a wet miserable day! Went to watch that new George Clooney movie last night and it was not much use at all so avoid!

My ten to follow as are follows

Golden Silver - Not with us any more
                  West End Rocker- Fav for the National
                  Hurricane Fly - expect all have him
                  Wymott- Just dreadful
                  Long Run - Banker i expect
                  Big Bucks - Banker
                  A Media Luz - looks like a typical filly, thinks too much!
                  Flight Lieutant - Will win at Cheltenham
                  Solwith- had expected him to farm easy races but not to run this season
                  Great Endevour- A good start was provided!

Comment

Originally posted by Thefonze View Post
                    Day 2 not so good but very happy with Day 1. Was not able to watch the racing from yesterday as of yet as i was on the beer all day at Jonny fox's, what else to be done on a wet miserable day!
                    I decided to follow you on yesterday's bet because of the way you blow your own trumpet on here and in the football betting thread. Won't be doing it again after no horse even came close to place, never mind a win!

1.55 Majestic Oak (Pulled Up) - not raced that often over fences and open to improvement.

Chased leaders on outer, 8th halfway, no extra after 4 out, pulled up before 2 out
                    2.30 Unaccompanied (4th from 5) - Opposing the fav here as this might be the day he gets beat, he has obiviosly had training problems so happy to take the 4's on this class filly.

Held up in 4th, in touch approaching 2 out, no extra entering straight and soon weakened (op 10/3 tchd 7/2)
                    3.05 Touch Base (7th from 11) - The McCoy factor

Held up towards rear, some headway 2 out, ridden and no impression in 7th early straight (op 4/1 tchd 7/2)
                    3.35 Gimil's Return (13th from 20) - sneaks in at the bottom of the weights and has some ability in what is a poor race.

Chased leaders, 6th 3 out, no extra next, weakened

Comment

Flight Lieutant - Will win at Cheltenham
                      I assume you mean First Lieutenant. And what race will this thing win at the festival. He doesn't like jumping fences

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Fly View Post
                        I assume you mean First Lieutenant. And what race will this thing win at the festival. He doesn't like jumping fences
                        3.05- Touch Base - The McCoy factor.
                        This horse was meant to be 'Touch Back'

Comment

Wedding fund go south Tony?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Wedding fund go south Tony?
                            Still time to recoup it back Dice! It just means that for desert it's going to be a super split for everyone instead of something more fancy

Comment

Tipping is like being a goalkeeper. You get it right you might get a thanks, you get it wrong and you get a kick in the balls.

Comment

[QUOTE=Flushdraw;483590]I decided to follow you on yesterday's bet because of the way you blow your own trumpet on here and in the football betting thread. Won't be doing it again after no horse even came close to place, never mind a win!

i only do this as if you look at my posts the vast majority are successful.
                                Sorry you followed me yesterday, but the ground was dreadful at Leopardstown.
                                i suggest you keep an eye on things i post in future as to write things off after a sample of 1 is foolhardy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Fly View Post
                                  Correct and the Jewson if the ground is not too soft.

Comment

Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post
                                    Tipping is like being a goalkeeper. You get it right you might get a thanks, you get it wrong and you get a kick in the balls.
                                    Correct!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                      I decided to follow you on yesterday's bet because of the way you blow your own trumpet on here and in the football betting thread. Won't be doing it again after no horse even came close to place, never mind a win!

1.55 Majestic Oak (Pulled Up) - not raced that often over fences and open to improvement.

2.30 Unaccompanied (4th from 5) - Opposing the fav here as this might be the day he gets beat, he has obiviosly had training problems so happy to take the 4's on this class filly.

3.05 Touch Base (7th from 11) - The McCoy factor

3.35 Gimil's Return (13th from 20) - sneaks in at the bottom of the weights and has some ability in what is a poor race.
                                      If that was me who posted the tips...

skip to 1:00
                                      A few Brick-Top (Alan Ford) moments from Snatch.

Comment

Working...
                                      X