how do u proceed ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do u proceed ...

... 2 players limp , 3rd player raise ... at the same time dealer (by mistake) expose top 2 cards from deck holding in his hand ( suppose to be burn card and 1st flop card ) ...

... whats the ruling ?

not sure here, but if its a pub game probably use 1 as the 1st burn card and the other as the 2nd burn card and play on as normal.

I am probably wrong though, and if its in a proper club there will be set rules for this, probably

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad View Post
      ... 2 players limp , 3rd player raise ... at the same time dealer (by mistake) expose top 2 cards from deck holding in his hand ( suppose to be burn card and 1st flop card ) ...

... whats the ruling ?
      Remove the 2 exposed from the deck, deal out 2nd & 3rd flop cards face down, burn & deal turn card & do the same for the river card both face down, then shuffle deck including the 2 exposed cards & burn & deal 1st flop card face down. Then carry on as normal.

Comment

Originally posted by carlinrose View Post
        Remove the 2 exposed from the deck, deal out 2nd & 3rd flop cards face down, burn & deal turn card & do the same for the river card both face down, then shuffle deck including the 2 exposed cards & burn & deal 1st flop card face down. Then carry on as normal.
        can't do this (same thing applies to a premature exposed turn card - ie the river should not be dealt face down).

e.g. if two cards exposed are As and Ks, and the other 4 (two other flop cards, turn and river) are dealt face down, now once the deck is reshuffled and redealt, if the first card out is the 2h, you now KNOW that the As and Ks cannot appear in the next four cards.

I think the whole deck is just reshuffled.
        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

cheers ... when i get more confirmations, i will post action ...

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
            can't do this (same thing applies to a premature exposed turn card - ie the river should not be dealt face down).

e.g. if two cards exposed are As and Ks, and the other 4 (two other flop cards, turn and river) are dealt face down, now once the deck is reshuffled and redealt, if the first card out is the 2h, you now KNOW that the As and Ks cannot appear in the next four cards.

But would the same not apply to a card exposed during the deal, eg, if As is exposed during deal & used as 1st burn card everybody now knows the As wont be appearing as one of the 5 board cards. By doing it this way the integrity of the deck is kept as close to its originality as possible.

Comment

Players keep their cards and action stands. The two cards are put back in deck, deck is reshuffled and play continues.

Comment

Obviously you know, its an exposed card. But everyone knows so nobody is at an advantage or disadvantage.
                The A or K was never going to be the river card. This way keeps the board as close to original as possible.

Reshuffling removes the known element, but its not the same board.
                But given we are pre-flop and not dealing with simply an exposed turn. Reshuffling is reasonable also.

Comment

Why not turn the two cards face down, take one of them at random and use it as an exposed burn card? (The other card obviously being the first card of the flop.)

Exposed burn cards happen quite often.
                  Last edited by Morihei; 25-01-12, 00:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                    Why not turn the two cards face down, take one of them at random and use it as an exposed burn card? (The other card obviously being the first card of the flop.)

Exposed burn cards happen quite often.
                    Because then people know that the first card on the flop is going to be an ace or a king. Pretty big information if you are holding either preflop.

Comment

Originally posted by carlinrose View Post
                      on the bolded part. Only the exposed flop card goes back into the deck. The other is an exposed burn card. As it was suppsoed to be the burn card.

That way, only one out of the 8 (board plus burn) cards is altered. And the oridinal card is given an equal chance to come out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                        Because then people know that the first card on the flop is going to be an ace or a king. Pretty big information if you are holding either preflop.
                        Misread it

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                        Reshuffling is reasonable also.
                        I'll go with this then.

Comment

On this point, I understand what your saying in the Turn card exposed, burn and put the river face down and then reshuffle. I changed my rule to this after listening to advise from JP. However the old rule I used before this was that you burnt again and dealt the river as the turn card, then after that you did the reshuffle if the river card was needed.

So based on that rule, what about dealing the remaining two cards flop cards face down, burning and adding the turn card face down to the 3 card flop. If the turn is needed Burn and use the river card as the turn card. If a river is needed then you can do the reshuffle with the two exposed cards going back in. This way the board is as original as possible and it solves your problem of knowing a card is not coming out!

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyPokerTour View Post
                            On this point, I understand what your saying in the Turn card exposed, burn and put the river face down and then reshuffle. I changed my rule to this after listening to advise from JP. However the old rule I used before this was that you burnt again and dealt the river as the turn card, then after that you did the reshuffle if the river card was needed.

So based on that rule, what about dealing the remaining two cards flop cards face down, burning and adding the turn card face down to the 3 card flop. If the turn is needed Burn and use the river card as the turn card. If a river is needed then you can do the reshuffle with the two exposed cards going back in. This way the board is as original as possible and it solves your problem of knowing a card is not coming out!
                            I had to read this several times before I could figure it out,(doh), but it sounds like a very fair solution for everybody.

Comment

Working...
                            X