Laptop screen gave up I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop screen gave up I think

I've a Dell XPS M1710 laptop which I've owned for 5 years. Recently I've noticed that the screen has become a little wonky, in that the pixels where discoloured and there were a few pixel spots coming up every now and again.

Then the other day I turned on the laptop and the windows screen came up but looked all funny, before it just went completely blank. Every time I turn it on since it does the same....windows screen comes up then blank.

It's gotten alot of use for the first 3 years of its life as it was my main computer that I used but the past 2 years its only been used a couple times a week at best.

My question's are:

1. Is this a big issue regarding getting it fixed?
    2. Can it be fixed?
    3. How much are we talking about roughly to have it fixed?

It cost me a couple of grand initially to buy this machine as I got it specked out to what I needed it for. But I don't use it as my main computer anymore so if its going to cost a few hundred €€ just to fix I'd rather just buy a basic level laptop with the money to have as a secondary machine....which i need as a monitor for poker tournaments when I run them.

Cheers.
    NextStopWhoKnows

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
    I've a Dell XPS M1710 laptop which I've owned for 5 years. Recently I've noticed that the screen has become a little wonky, in that the pixels where discoloured and there were a few pixel spots coming up every now and again.

Then the other day I turned on the laptop and the windows screen came up but looked all funny, before it just went completely blank. Every time I turn it on since it does the same....windows screen comes up then blank.

It's gotten alot of use for the first 3 years of its life as it was my main computer that I used but the past 2 years its only been used a couple times a week at best.

My question's are:

1. Is this a big issue regarding getting it fixed?
    2. Can it be fixed?
    3. How much are we talking about roughly to have it fixed?

It cost me a couple of grand initially to buy this machine as I got it specked out to what I needed it for. But I don't use it as my main computer anymore so if its going to cost a few hundred €€ just to fix I'd rather just buy a basic level laptop with the money to have as a secondary machine....which i need as a monitor for poker tournaments when I run them.

Cheers.
    What colour is it?
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

stupid cunt!
      NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
        stupid cunt!
        I was convinced you were gonna come back with the colour , cause you're that thick hehehhehehehehhe!
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Screens on most laptops are fairly standard OEM parts. Easily replaced and costing only €60 - €80. A fairly easy DIY job with videos showing how on YouTube...

Comment

Working...
          X