LOOKING FOR 3 WEEKS IN A ROW!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOOKING FOR 3 WEEKS IN A ROW!!!

Ok folks I have been on quite a profitable run with my football accumulaters over the past couple of weeks and up nearly 2K....
    Here's my predictions for this week....

Southampton 2/5
    Spurs 7/10
    Charlton 10/11
    Man City 8/15

A €200 bet on this accume returns nearly €1,400......:-)

A "Cert" of an Accume if ya ask me!!!

LUMP ON FOLKS!!!

Looks good.

Think I may lump a bit on it.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
      Looks good.

Think I may lump a bit on it.
      Yes I defo think so.... I also have Spurs and Man City in a Double as well...:-)
      I know there playing away but there prices seem way to big for the opposition they are playing...:-)

Comment

Only worry I have is Charlton.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
          Only worry I have is Charlton.
          Yes they would be my main concern but going purely on stats and form I reckon Charlton should defo win this!
          Charlton top of the table playing away to Leyton Orient(17th place)
          Charlton have lost just the 1 game away and Orient have lost SIX at home!
          Charlton are also on a good run of form so looooooooooong may it continue, well for at least 1 more game anyways, haaa

Comment

Originally posted by Fitzy2010 View Post
            Yes they would be my main concern but going purely on stats and form I reckon Charlton should defo win this!
            Charlton are also on a good run of form so looooooooooong may it continue, well for at least 1 more game anyways, haaa
            Despite Charlton having a great away record, they've struggled a bit away from home of late. Last time out, they needed an injury time winner to beat Yeovil (who are in relegation zone) and they drew with Walsall before that (Walsall are below Orient) so i wouldn't be too confident

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Despite Charlton having a great away record, they've struggled a bit away from home of late. Last time out, they needed an injury time winner to beat Yeovil (who are in relegation zone) and they drew with Walsall before that (Walsall are below Orient) so i wouldn't be too confident
              Thanks mate, but i honestly dont mind how they win ONCE they win! Even if its an offside goal in the 98th min thats allowd stand, that'll do me.....lol
              Yes it is the only worry but for the price im getting I think its worth the risk...

Comment

What do you think the true odds on Southampton are?

Comment

Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post
                  What do you think the true odds on Southampton are?
                  I don't know what ya mean by "True Odds" to tell ya the truth pal but any of the prices I got up there, I got them online from Paddy Power.....:-)
                  Them 4 teams and they're prices is what i got...:-)

Comment

He means what price would u make them. As in are u backing them at 2/5 because you make them 1/3 and see value in the selection. Gl with it man it would be a nice one to get up.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                      He means what price would u make them. As in are u backing them at 2/5 because you make them 1/3 and see value in the selection. Gl with it man it would be a nice one to get up.
                      Ohhh yeahh I get ya now lad, yeahh Southampton could really be 1/3 alright by the way there playing....:-) Cheers pal!

Comment

;-)
                        It's written in the stars :-)
                        ;-)
                        GAA News Website

Comment

LOL its my destiny to click this

Comment

Bristol just scored...
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                              Bristol just scored...
                              F**king typical.... Southampton the shortest price and they let me down, was gonna stick Liverpool in, instead but didnt!!
                              Time to pick another team and do them with the other 3 teams...

Also have the double of just Man City & Spurs......Surely thats a "Cert"

Comment

F**king typical.... Southampton the shortest price and they let me down, was gonna stick Liverpool in, instead but didnt!!
                                Time to pick another team and do them with the other 3 teams...

Also have the double of just Man City & Spurs......Surely thats a "Cert"
                                why dont you just do the other teams as a treble?

Comment

Because of the fact i have a big enough bet on city and spurs in a double, i'll look for more value with a four team accume and hence do a smaller bet than the double....:-)

Ya can't bate watching Sky Sports News with Jeff stelling and the boys and a few cold bottles with mates on a saturday afternoon....:-)

And New years eve 2moro and all, could be a mighty one yet....:-)

Comment

You're creepy.

Comment

I thought that bet was set in stone....

Comment

more value with a four team accume
                                        What is that saying the kids have? oh yeah, lol
                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                          What is that saying the kids have? oh yeah, lol
                                          Ahhh sarcasm, ya gotta love it....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                            You're creepy.
                                            LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                              I thought that bet was set in stone....
                                              Lol, that got me hunting for the original 'set in stone' thread in the old place.

Glory days.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                Lol, that got me hunting for the original 'set in stone' thread in the old place.

Glory days.
                                                LOL what is that??? Was that lad been serious with that thread??

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Glory days.
                                                  Laughing my ass off at that thread and youtube clip excellent digging.

On the accum front I have a bet for tomorrow/sun which is pretty boring

Leicester, Man C, Man U, Arse and Chelseas, about 4-1 I think, may be bit more

Comment

Over 3.5 goals Man U V Blackburn, Spurs & Stoke to win... Just over 4/1. Reckon it's a decent bet.

Comment

Yes that looks a good bet alright pal

As a gooner fan i hate backing Man utd and would most certainly hate losing money backing them BUT at home to a bad blackburn team they could easily put 4 or 5 past them and at 1/7 theress no value in them but Man Utd -2 at EVS could look good come 5pm 2moro evening....mmmmhhh decisions decisions

Comment

Just re Man City, they play tomorrow and again on Tuesday against Liverpool. So with only two days between games I'd expect them to rest a lot of stars for tomorrows game, still a very strong squad but I wouldn't be mad about current price with that in mind. Although I'm on the cooler to end all coolers this month so prob best just doing the opposite of what I say, hell add another 5 teams to your accum for ultimate value
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Ohhh yeahh I get ya now lad, yeahh Southampton could really be 1/3 alright by the way there playing....:-) Cheers pal!
                                                          Some 1/3 shots please open a bookies soon with these odds!!

Comment

Im pretty sure accumulators are for fish and mugs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                              Just re Man City, they play tomorrow and again on Tuesday against Liverpool. So with only two days between games I'd expect them to rest a lot of stars for tomorrows game, still a very strong squad but I wouldn't be mad about current price with that in mind. Although I'm on the cooler to end all coolers this month so prob best just doing the opposite of what I say, hell add another 5 teams to your accum for ultimate value
                                                              Funny old results so far this weekend and you can rest assured with Man United been beat at home to Blackburn today that Man City will be taking one game at a time and will put out they're strongest team 2moro to get those 3 points....:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                It would appear so when they begin to go pear shaped.... a bit like anything really??

Comment

well said sir. bookies favourite bets accums/lucky 15's etc. absolute bumper weekend for the bookies. man u/chelsea/spurs all failing at odds on. If anyone made money today on an accum I will eat my shorts =

Comment

It would appear so when they begin to go pear shaped.... a bit like anything really??
                                                                    Not really. I know a few guys who are full time sports betters who make a good living. They would never ever have an accumulator. They are good for fun and can get a nice win for little investment, but they are without doubt -ev

Comment

Not really. I know a few guys who are full time sports betters who make a good living. They would never ever have an accumulator. They are good for fun and can get a nice win for little investment, but they are without doubt -ev
                                                                      Yes without doubt accumulators are good fun to have BUT as you say you know a "few guys who are full time sports betters who make a good living"

Well obviously these lads would back teams in singles or doubles and LUMP a right few €€€ at a time on them....:-)

Thats easily done IF u have the €€€....:-)

Comment

Yes without doubt accumulators are good fun to have BUT as you say you know a "few guys who are full time sports betters who make a good living"

Well obviously these lads would back teams in singles or doubles and LUMP a right few €€€ at a time on them....:-)

Thats easily done IF u have the €€€....:-)
                                                                        They didnt always have the €€€ and didnt get it by backing accumulators.

Comment

They didnt always have the €€€ and didnt get it by backing accumulators.
                                                                          Suppose everybody has gotta start somewhere but its all about getting that first big "break".....

Comment

Suppose everybody has gotta start somewhere but its all about getting that first big "break".....
                                                                            You said that you won nearly 2k on accums at the start of a thread. That's a very healthy starting bankroll. Instead of losing it all on on accums eventually (which you will if that's what you plan on doing with it) start backing individual games where you think you have a particular edge for whatever reason. If you're disciplined enough to stick at that and have a solid bankroll strategy in place the chances of long term success are infinitely better than your current approach.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

#39
                                                                              its not that people dont want to do doubles, its that its tough to find somewhere to do them. Would love to do more from a maths standpoint myself but its just so often impractical.
                                                                              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                You said that you won nearly 2k on accums at the start of a thread. That's a very healthy starting bankroll. Instead of losing it all on on accums eventually (which you will if that's what you plan on doing with it) start backing individual games where you think you have a particular edge for whatever reason. If you're disciplined enough to stick at that and have a solid bankroll strategy in place the chances of long term success are infinitely better than your current approach.
                                                                                Yeahh i understand exactly what your saying lad, i do often pick out just singles and do lump on.. 5 out of the last 6 singles have actually won that i lumped on... now thats stretching back within a 9 month space of time!
                                                                                I wouldnt be one to back something everyday just for the sake of gambling, id wait til a price jumps out at me especially where football is concerned, typical example been spurs at 5/6 away to Norwich last week!
                                                                                I backed them a WEEK before the kick off and they were 5/6, and the evening of kick off they were 4/6!!
                                                                                Other than football and poker thats all the gambling id be into UNLESS id get a very very good tip for a horse, but id rather go out and get twisted drunk than lose money on the horses!!

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by puremagpie View Post
                                                                                  well said sir. bookies favourite bets accums/lucky 15's etc. absolute bumper weekend for the bookies. man u/chelsea/spurs all failing at odds on. If anyone made money today on an accum I will eat my shorts =
                                                                                  Man utd 1/7 and chelsea i think were 4/11 were sh*t value to have in any accumes!!
                                                                                  Spurs let me down 2day in a make shift accume and as a first part of a double!!!
                                                                                  Ahhhh well

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Fitzy looking at this thread i can see u have a bit to learn about footie punting. One thing i would say to u just because a team looks as if they should win doesnt mean they will.Also stay away from acc,s the bookies love to see u coming mug punting imo.
                                                                                    location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                      its not that people dont want to do doubles, its that its tough to find somewhere to do them. Would love to do more from a maths standpoint myself but its just so often impractical.
                                                                                      Do you mean just hard to get a double on for the $'s you want? I presume there is a difference between doubles and a 5+ part accumulator?

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Accumulators aren't necessarily a mug bet, but the variance is high. What makes them such bad value is that you are generally getting on at bad prices, rare that one bookie has 4 best prices for example.

So then your on -EV bets, combining them increases the negative expectancy.

for example, you have 100euro on a 3 way accum of 9/10shots which are really even money, your maximum gain is 100 to 190 to 361 to 686. Where it should be 800, so your effectively giving up 114 euro in equity.

where if you put three singles on, you only give up 30 quid.

On the other hand if you find good prices and are a degen, it can be very profitable. I assume thats what TommyGunne was touching on

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Yeh the thing with accumulators is that they multiply edge. As there is no chance the sort of selections we see in threads like these have an edge on the punter's side they are simply multiplying the bookies edge, which obv makes Mr Paddy Power pretty happy. EZ money for the bookies.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Unlucky fitzy, but you can't win them all.

What bets did you have on the 26/27 December when you won the 2K?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            X