Hero calls,

Turn

Hero checks
    Villain bets pot $90

River

Hero checks

Villain moves all in or $301 into a pot of $267

Thoughts please??

game was pretty agro, guy was insta pottin.

You havn't given anywhere near enough information for anyone to give you advice

Comment

Without anymore reads i'm calling. The board has run out pretty well for your hand and most aggro guys will be bluffing too often here in my experience. If hands like 75s/64s/53s aren't in his pf range then that makes it an easier call obv (same if he always 3bets JJ+).

I'd rather have 7x than 99 here as his value range is gonna be Tx + and having a 7 in your hand reduces the number of 77/75 combos he can have.

Comment

Why didnt u bet the flop?
        As Digiman stated not enough info.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipIt View Post
          Why didnt u bet the flop?
          If you want to have a c/c range on this flop as the pfr (which seems reasonable to me on this texture) then this seems like a perfectly good hand to include in that range. There isn't a lot of value in betting and we're not thrilled if raised either.

Comment

Any other reads? If I call here I'm grimacing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
              You havn't given anywhere near enough information for anyone to give you advice
              He seemed pretty loose pre flop. thats why i found it strange his flat pre. It kida looked like to me he was slowplaying an overpair and just kept hammering the pot button

I hadnt been in the game that long though

Comment

You're a pure calling station so i bet you called

Who was it against? Where? If it was against some regular donkey from SE, fitz id call in this position.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                  You're a pure calling station so i bet you called

Who was it against? Where? If it was against some regular donkey from SE, fitz id call in this position.
                  where in ireland do they play 2/4 and with dollars - obv it was online

Comment

its 2/4 nl - so unless the fits SE have changed their blind levels, then its online obv

Dont like how we got to the river, but considering the river decision id call and cringe (presuming the flush misses)
                    GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                      where in ireland do they play 2/4 and with dollars - obv it was online
                      i thought the most obvious give away was saying "he kept mashing the pot button"

i think enough missed draws/over cards play this way to make it a call

Comment

checking the flop is fine if you know how you are going to react on later streets, if not just bet as it makes your life much easier

id call as played

Comment

By the way the hand played it looks like you had set it up to call on the blank river, so you have to call now IMO.
                          UL if he hit the river which he prob did with q10ss or some sort of hand like that. maybe that's abit strong a hand to give a loose villain but it would make sense.

Comment

Calling river as played but not sure I like how we ended up here. I assume spades whiffed. Without reads its tough to even attempt to put a range on his flatting the button.

While I agree with Bozzer that this hand is a good candidate for c/c'ing due to how marginal it is, you are OOP with TPNK on a board that hits more of his perceived range than yours and he's an aggro opponent so its going to be difficult to get to showdown cheaply, i.e. he is going to put max pressure on you. Versus certain players this is fine to c/c 3 streets, others I'm just not happy and would fold turn, but once you call the turn I would call the river.

His overbet just doesn't seem to flow with how the board panned out. Your hand is face up as marginal, like A5 or a weak TP and without history ( or reads from you that there was any calling down light), he cant expect you to call an overbet river shove.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                              He seemed pretty loose pre flop. thats why i found it strange his flat pre. It kida looked like to me he was slowplaying an overpair and just kept hammering the pot button

I hadnt been in the game that long though
                              I took this line the other day with A high against a really bad player when he basically potted a board were it was unlikely he can have anything that he was betting for value unless he had quads or top boat with KK. Thing is I knew he was really terrible and liked to pot with bluffs so was happy enough to call him down. You havm't given any such reads.

Other than say he was pretty loose woud you say he was a winning/breakeven/losing player? Was he aggro post flop, was pot his only betsize? It looks pretty desperate bet sizing to me, the worst thing about these hands is he could be doing this with 88/99 thinking he is bluffing and you get owned really badly on the river when you call. Like he could just be some fish who has no idea what he doing here and you are trying to make logic out of his bets, which is even more of reason to just lead the flop.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                It looks pretty desperate bet sizing to me, the worst thing about these hands is he could be doing this with 88/99 thinking he is bluffing and you get owned really badly on the river when you call. Like he could just be some fish who has no idea what he doing here and you are trying to make logic out of his bets, which is even more of reason to just lead the flop.
                                If he insta shoved the river (op said he was insta pottin) then I really doubt he is "bluffing" with a better hand. I expect him to at least think for a moment about what he should do with those hands.
                                As others have said, if you're really lost in this spot then betting the flop is probably best.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozzer View Post
                                  If he insta shoved the river (op said he was insta pottin) then I really doubt he is "bluffing" with a better hand. I expect him to at least think for a moment about what he should do with those hands.
                                  As others have said, if you're really lost in this spot then betting the flop is probably best.
                                  im not sure i like betting the flop it just leaves us in a ghey position for the rest of the hand if the villain raises. I definitely c/c the first 2 streets and probably cry a lot and call the river

Comment

fold pre as played now i prob fold the river bet

Comment

what else do we expect the villain to do having got to this river with two overs and/or a flush draw. Getting here and folding would be bad. As digiman said, more info on the player would also be helpful.

If he is competent i doubt he turns 88 or 99 into a bluff on the river. We should be facing a big hand (2p +) or be ahead
                                      GAA News Website

Comment

I think the decision is on the turn here, either call the turn and what you preceive to be blank rivers or fold the turn. I'm presuming that the turn didnt bring like a back door flushdraw here. I think you played the flop fine, i would rather check call this flop because most villians will raise your cbet light here and you'll end up folding the best hand too often. When an unknown fires again on the turn i'd be happy enough to fold without any other reads, if I did call the turn then I cant imagine folding this river too often.
                                        "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Working...
                                        X