Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online - 2NL - AK UTG

Villian is 50/28 over about 40 hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

CO ($2)
    Button ($2.09)
    SB ($3.29)
    BB ($2)
    Hero (UTG) ($2.34)
    UTG+1 ($0.83)
    MP1 ($2.45)
    MP2 ($2.92)
    MP3 ($1.51)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, A
    Hero bets $0.07, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.07, 5 folds

Flop: ($0.17) 10, J, A (2 players)
    Hero bets $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.37) 2 (2 players)
    Hero bets $0.23, MP2 raises to $0.46, Hero raises to $1.31, MP2 calls $0.85

River: ($2.99) 6 (2 players)
    Hero bets $0.86 (All-In), MP2 calls $0.86

Total pot: $4.71 | Rake: $0.31

Comments on how badly I played this?
    May you live in interesting times!

i would just call the raise on the turn and possibly c/c the river or fold deending on bet size

Comment

god knows with 2nl here. they could think A 5 is the nuts here. i probably just flat the raise on the turn and c/c the river. they could easily have K Q in their range.
      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

bets should be bigger on the flop and turn too imo.
        .12 on flop, .33 on turn.

Flat the turn raise, you don't get called much by things you beat.

However, you're turning hand into a strong bluff catcher.

C/F 6h river without reads.

Comment

Originally posted by the aul switcharoo View Post
          god knows with 2nl here. they could think A 5 is the nuts here. i probably just flat the raise on the turn and c/c the river. they could easily have K Q in their range.
          KQ was what I was most worried about. I probably should have let the hand go.

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
          bets should be bigger on the flop and turn too imo.
          .12 on flop, .33 on turn.

Flat the turn raise, you don't get called much by things you beat.

However, you're turning hand into a strong bluff catcher.

C/F 6h river without reads.
          I often find a smaller cbet on the flop is as effective as a larger one. Will rethink this. Thanks.

Results:

SPOILER
          Villain had pockets 2s of course

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
            I often find a smaller cbet on the flop is as effective as a larger one. Will rethink this. Thanks.
            What do you mean by effective? Genuinely trying to help you think through this.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
              What do you mean by effective? Genuinely trying to help you think through this.
              Sorry...

I mean that a smaller cbet (I usually go for somewhere between 1/2 to 2/3 pot) will often see me take the pot there and then while not investing as much in a pot if I have to fold (like I should have in this hand).

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                Sorry...

I mean that a smaller cbet (I usually go for somewhere between 1/2 to 2/3 pot) will often see me take the pot there and then while not investing as much in a pot if I have to fold (like I should have in this hand).
                It also means you're missing out on tonnes and tonnes of value though.

How often are you going to C-Bet small, and get called by a marginal draw, which hits, but you struggle to fold TPTK and lose the tank? If this even happens two/three times in a session, you've lost 300bbs for the sake of maybe picking up somewhere between 15/60bbs over the course of the session.

Also, if you're C-betting bigger, somewhere around 75%/80% of the pot, it means that when you hit your monsters, that you will be getting more value from them.

Build the pot, at 2nl, I don't think there's much "balancing of ranges", so you could probably get away with having a C-bet bluff size, and a Value C-bet size, but if you're playing with anyone for more than 50/60 hands, this should get picked up on.

Comment

Fair points.

I will have to stop this small c-betting carry on so.

Thanks

Comment

Just to go a little deeper into this,

I'm always C-betting 75%/80% here. You're getting called by A8,A9,AQ which we're ahead of. Probably getting calls from KJ,QJ, and probably getting calls from random Kx and Qx with the gutshot draw. (its 2nl).

We're not behind much in a 50/28 players cold calling range, as they will more than likely 3bet 1010+ pre.

The turn is a good card for you, as its very unlikely to have improved his hand, so another good value bet is in order. Not much that called the flop will fold to this turn.

However, he raises. This gives alarm bells. A general rule of thumb I apply is that I'm rarely getting raised by anything less than overpairs, 2pairs, sets, or big draws (on the flop) without much history vs players at the microstakes.

Of his raising range, we beat a few FD, bluffs, and possibly AQ.

Mapping out a thinking process for hands will help you win more and lose less in these situations

Comment

And read through HH, and replies on here
                      Online No-Limit Hold’em Cash - Discussion of no-limit hold’em online cash games of all stakes, including pot-limit and cap games.

Its a great way of figuring out the "right" way of thinking.

Comment

I'd either fold the turn or call turn/fold river if he bets a decent size or you don't improve. That might be a little better than b/f turn. 3betting it awful.
                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Not to derail but did tracking software not cost you like a whole bankroll for 2NL?

Comment

Just shove preflop it's only $2!

Only joking! I would imagine his turn raise screams of AT plus so I would just fold there. Wouldn't even bother calling because you are usually only able to improve to a better but still second best hand or a split. I would bet bigger on the flop and turn too for more value.

Comment

I would bet fold the turn. He's never bluff raising and he shouldnt have any hand in his value range that is behind AK.
                              Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Working...
                              X