Fitz EOM Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitz EOM Hand

This hand happened just after the break. Villain has been playing very loose, limping too much and calling a lot of raises. In the first 3 levels, he has shown a totally unwarranted check-raise river bluff for a 4 or 5-way limped pot that got checked to the river (!), frequently been leading out the turn both in position and oop but quickly folding to any action and has been pretty liberally calling people down. Basically, he gives a lot of action and I perceive him as bad and a weak spot at the table.

I'd been doing well in the tournament up to this point and had about 23k, having been lucky enough to get in hand with Roy Brindley who didn't really seem to care about the tournament, after an UTG raise and 2 callers he called my SB squeeze with KJo on the button leaving us HU to the flop and shoved over my cbet on a T-high flop... I snapped him off with JJ and that's about the only significant hand I had played up to now. I'd also shown onebluff where I raised the river with J8 in a button vs BB spot on A5510K and showed, not too important how that hand went down but I suppose it's noteworthy that people now think I'm capable of showing up with complete air.

Well, that was long, anyway on to the hand itself.

Blinds 100-200

I raise to 600 with KcKh in MP1, Villain flats from the cut-off, everyone else folds. Effective stacks are about 12k

Flop is Js10c6s, I bet 800 he calls.

Turn is offsuit 4, I bet 1200 he flats pretty quickly.

River is another non-spade 4, I bet 2200. I'm obviously pretty happy with this river card as it misses all the draws and counterfeits JT, T6.

Villain makes it 7600... thoughts?

Sounds like a standard enough Fitz hand alright....(was it chinese jimmy or big stewy by any chance)
    I don't many could find a fold here,as it's the Fitz,at the river you crush most of his range which is basically any 2 cards,so if he shows up with 10 4,or J 4 you were just unlucky

Comment

nh. I wouldn't consider folding. I'd also favour betting a little more on flop and turn. 1200 into 3100 on turn seems a bit small anyway. Villain sounds very bad so you could go big,big, shove river either, seems a bit awkward the way you've bet it.
      On river given description of villain I might check it to him to let him bluff

Comment

i would probably put him on A4 of spades here !!

Comment

Dont fold, nh u get beat by slow played sets and randon flush draws that have 4 in them nh
          ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
          I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

played fine until the river,

where i check call,

since its the fitz i call in most other places its a fold on the river
            http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yeah, obviously I'm primarily asking advice about the river as the rest of the hand pretty much plays itself oop like this, although I agree my bet-sizing on the turn was a bit small.

I considered check-calling the river but it's kind of weak since I beat every hand that calls, and against this villain if he has air it doesn't seem like my bet will influence his likelihood to bluff the river too much, if anything he might see all the chips already in the pot and just kamikaze all-in or something...

Basically, thought-process is that I get value from all the made hands I beat, stack him when he has bluffs, occasionally get stacked by boats, random 4x.

RESULTS:

I suppose it's not that complex a hand, really, I kinda just wanted confirmation that it's definitely a call on the river! Seems to be the concensus, at least. Anyway, I did call, snap-called in fact, and was shown 84s for the missed flush as expected, but also trip 4's. Ah well...

Comment

Working...
              X