Fitz EOM hand 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitz EOM hand 2

Ok iv changed how this hand actually happened because this version is a little more interesting this way – IMO and its not that far removed from what actually happened. Villain in the hand is Dave Masters. I have 9.5k and he covers. 150/300 level.
    Villain limps utg 2 more limpers and I limp on the button with A4d.

Flop is Qc Jd 4c everyone checks (pot 1800)
    Turn 10d giving me the nut flush check to me I bet 1200 Villain only caller.
    River is the 4h – dave checks I bet 2000 dave ships
    Action?

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
    Flop is Qc Jd 4c everyone checks (pot 1800)
    Turn 10d giving me the nut flush draw check to me I bet 1200 Villain only caller.
    River is the 4h – dave checks I bet 2000 dave ships
    Action?
    FYP

I'd probably call tbh, his line is FOS
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

soul read needed here imo interestin could he have 9 8 for the lower of trhe straight here??? defo not AK,doubt he flat with two pair or something on the turn on a scary board so many bad rivers can come!!! meh id prob just call here he mite show 9 8 thou

Comment

I'd call as played - what can he have that checks twice on that board and crai river? And he cant really expect you to have a 4 after betting turn.
        I like a turn check also. You have a bottom pair/gs and nfd and are leaving yourself open to be blown off your hand

Comment

I snap this off.

Comment

he can easily have a straight or a house here though.

Comment

Instasnap call. Masters is not an idiot, and the only hand he could conceivably play like that is TT. Every other hand has to bet or check-raise that flop and/or turn. Check-calling the turn with a set of tens there is strange, but not impossible. Your hand is concealed and he would look at this as a good spot to bluff.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                Masters is not an idiot
                except when he's getting into scraps on the floor

Comment

Well you say this isnt how the hand actually played out but in theory if he has any hand that beats you his line is awful. Call.
                  Check the turn.
                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

point of order; did he start talking to you when you were contemplating your move?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                      Masters is not an idiot
                      lol obv bluff

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                        Well you say this isnt how the hand actually played out but in theory if he has any hand that beats you his line is awful. Call.
                        Check the turn.
                        how the hand actually played out was I checked the turn and was facing a 1400 river bet which was a snap call obv - so thats not really interesting.

i was talking to him after and he said the line he would have taken is what i have in my OP if i bet the turn

Comment

how the hand actually played out was I checked the turn and was facing a 1400 river bet which was a snap call obv - so thats not really interesting.

i was talking to him after and he said the line he would have taken is what i have in my OP if i bet the turn
                          And did he have air?
                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Interesting hand alright - has to be good too see all the advise saying check the turn when that's what you really did!

Comment

villian has QQ, JJ, TT here nearly always imo,

i fold to his bet if he bluffed wp,

as peeps said check the turn which you did,

Results?
                              http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Very odd way to play TT-QQ. He almost never has those hands imo. Not that i'm familiar with villain though so maybe.

Comment

snap called obv.

was very surprised to see him turn up with AK as i was sure i was ahead. if i bet the turn i would have ended up being stacked. theres just no way i could have put him on that hand

Comment

snap called obv.

was very surprised to see him turn up with AK as i was sure i was ahead. if i bet the turn i would have ended up being stacked. theres just no way i could have put him on that hand
                                    AK is as likely as QQ,JJ,TT imo,

the way the real hand played out you just can't fold the river cos he is valuebetting so much worse ul

Comment

If he was planning on check calling the turn on a board that drawey with two more players behind him and crai river when the board pairs....well i can hardly think of a worse line. Not that i'd be a fan of the limp pre either. Live play - maybe someday i'll understand it

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                        If he was planning on check calling the turn on a board that drawey with two more players behind him and crai river when the board pairs....well i can hardly think of a worse line. Not that i'd be a fan of the limp pre either. Live play - maybe someday i'll understand it
                                        limping pre is fine,

c/c the turn is fine, but i do prefer a raise,

c/r the river with AK may look too thin, you would have to believe your opponent wil stack off with top pair 4x etc,

but it is an interesting hand cos QQ, JJ, TT, 44 , Q4, J4 are the hands that beats the villian and the way the hand played out you can rule out the first 4,

will he stack off with 4x or QT , Qx etc is the real question, he this answers yes shove is fine

Comment

Hate the way he played this hand till the river.

River check raise must be top drawer though because it looks so full of shit id nearly call with Ace high.

Comment

But would you bet A high?

Comment

Absolute instacall.
                                              Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

I knew this hand was going to get posted up. I had AK here and the table had been fairly active from the time i was there. I Limped wanting a raise pf but that didnt happen.

Comment

Originally posted by pppspecial View Post
                                                  I knew this hand was going to get posted up. I had AK here and the table had been fairly active from the time i was there. I Limped wanting a raise pf but that didnt happen.

Has anyone got the final table results. I went out in 9th AK v A8 AIPF. he flushed up to leave me crippled for 1k winnings.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X