Fitz EOM hand 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fitz EOM hand 1

Villain is a real drooler – limping in a lot and calling raises from any position. I already have him pinned as one of the value spots at the table. 50/100 level – villain has 11k and I cover.
    I raise in late position after 1 limper to 325 with JJ. Villain calls in the sb.

Flop comes down Qh 9h 4s – villain checks. I check

Turn is the 9s villain bets 550 I call

River comes Kh – villain quickly bets 1100. Action?

bet the flop for starters

as played, I fold, you only beat a bluff
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If your a werewolf, then you would snap call. A villager would fold.

I eagerly await the results

Comment

bet flop as played now i fold the river

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          bet the flop for starters

as played, I fold, you only beat a bluff
          This. All the draws got there on the river

Comment

I don't mind a flop check as we induce a ton of bluffs from the drooler most likely. But there's probably value to be had from 9s, 4s, fds, JT,KJ type hands so maybe a bet is better.

I'd fold the river, the board has ran out brutal for you and you beat no value hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              This. All the draws got there on the river
              would i be right in my thinking that the river is the perfect bluff card? I think Villains range is very polarised here.

I didnt bet flop because the villain would have called anyway meaning it would turn into quite a large pot with a marginal hand. if i checked back the turn id likely be facing this river bet anyway

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                I didnt bet flop because the villain would have called anyway

this is good

Comment

would i be right in my thinking that the river is the perfect bluff card? I think Villains range is very polarised here.
                  I don't think so. I'd definitely be betting a 9 as it's hard for you to have a flush. I'd bet a Q some of the time too. And obviously i'm betting all flushes/weird full houses.

Comment

I didnt bet flop because the villain would have called anyway meaning it would turn into quite a large pot with a marginal hand. if i checked back the turn id likely be facing this river bet anyway
                    Its a good bluff card, but its also a good card for J10, heart draws, KQ and other hands villain may have. Your hand looks like AK/underpair so its just one of those where you will probably be right/wrong in equal measures

Comment

I would snap call the river. I don't mind losing to him as I just know I'm gonna get them all back anyways and he is bluffing pretty often I'd say.
                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                        I don't think so. I'd definitely be betting a 9 as it's hard for you to have a flush. I'd bet a Q some of the time too. And obviously i'm betting all flushes/weird full houses.
                        sorry the flush draw only came on the turn which does make a difference IMO as a lot of FD are in my range

Comment

If he's as bad as you say he's not sparing a thought for your range of thinking about good bluff cards. Just fold (and bet flop).

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                            If he's as bad as you say he's not sparing a thought for your range of thinking about good bluff cards. Just fold (and bet flop).
                            i think thats where i went wrong in this hand i had him labeled as bad and yet I was thinking about the hand if i was in his shoes

agreed the flop is a bet in hindsight but wer probably getting to this river in the same situation as it turned out

Comment

agreed the flop is a bet in hindsight but wer probably getting to this river in the same situation as it turned out
                              results based zzzzz....

less protein shakes for you imo!

Comment

ok got the responses i was looking for - everyone considered it a fold which is probably right. i just thought the villain either had the nuts or air - i couldnt see him value betting any Q or K because it would be terrible and i convinced myself he wouldnt value bet a 9 because flushes made up such a large part of my range.

anyway i called to be shown Q4o - wp sir. i asked hi if it was a value bet or a bluff

Comment

It was Q4s!

I fold river as well.
                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I hate betting this flop

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                      I hate betting this flop
                                      Why-I first thought that I would never bet this flop but I guess the odd time Id bet some weird bad hands then why not bet JJ. You will 100% get called by worse here,and a lot of the time on multiple streets.
                                      Last edited by Closed_Account; 28-03-10, 09:41.

Comment

Working...
                                      X