Eoghan104
    Dice75
    WhiteKnight
    Bohsman
    Premierstone
    deyrzuited

15 members @ 25 = 375

I have deposited 200 on Bet365 to avail of the 100% deposit bonus
    I have held 175 which i will deposit on another site (PP most likely as 365 dont cover all bets)

The 200 bonus will be added to round 2 of bets, so in round 1 everyone will have 25 EURO to wager and round 2 will be split accordingly and will include the 200 bonus.

I will require at least a couple of hours notice for bets, it would be preferable if you posted your bets the night previous to the event

If i dont get sufficent notice the bet may not be placed, i will not be rushing about placing bets on horse races with 10 minutes notice.

When requesting a bet please have as much info as possible and if possible check if bet is available on 365.

Everyone is entitled to bet what they like.

If i have forgotten anything please PM me and i will amend this post so as not to clutter up here.

And were off

Last edited by Wesley Harms; 12-10-11, 13:01.

take it here please.

no order lash away
    Last edited by Wesley Harms; 11-10-11, 18:46.

Comment

posts by assorted idiots moved at the request of another idiot

Comment

€25.00 Double please

New Zealand v Australia
        France v Wales

Pays 2.15/1 on BET365

Comment

€10 win
          €10 win
          €5 Double

Nottingham

2.40 Bouncy Bouncy
          3.15 Mirrored

Please and thank you......

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            €25.00 Double please

New Zealand v Australia
            France v Wales

Pays 2.15/1 on BET365
            Done

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
              €10 win
              €10 win
              €5 Double

Nottingham

2.40 Bouncy Bouncy
              3.15 Mirrored

Done

Comment

My name is missing from the op.
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                  My name is missing from the op.
                  Hmm, strange cause I defo recieved you $$$, remember the username.

I'll shall fix it now

Must do a sweep of my stars account, too many transfers in and out
                  Last edited by Wesley Harms; 12-10-11, 13:02.

Comment

€10 win
                    €10 win
                    €5 Double

Nottingham

2.40 Bouncy Bouncy
                    3.15 Mirrored

9/1 & 12/1 in 16 & 17 runner races. May God be with us. GL us

Comment

9/1 & 12/1 in 16 & 17 runner races. May God be with us. GL us
                      Yeh I thought being one of the first to bet that now is as good a time as any to go for the car!

Comment

Yeh I thought being one of the first to bet that now is as good a time as any to go for the car!
                        Are they a half hour late in Nottingham?

Comment

Bouncy Bouncy Third.
                          Unlucky.

yes about 35mins or so behind
                          "Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

Comment

Originally posted by DeviantD View Post
                            Bouncy Bouncy Third.
                            Unlucky.

yes about 35mins or so behind
                            nowhere for the other donkey. Sorry fellas.

Comment

I've been following a dog for a while (my dad owns and trains so I've always had interest)

Mill Bling Bling is currently the 15/8 favorite for the All England Cup tonight at 9.45 at Newcastle. He also won the Steel City Cup in August. I expect him to blast out and make all.

I wasn't going to use my bet on it as Greyhounds are huge variance but meh.

My bet

9.45 Newcastle All England Cup Greyhounds

Trap 1 Mill Bling Bling @ 15/8

€25 win.

Done

Comment

Busto???

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                  I've been following a dog for a while (my dad owns and trains so I've always had interest)

Mill Bling Bling is currently the 15/8 favorite for the All England Cup tonight at 9.45 at Newcastle. He also won the Steel City Cup in August. I expect him to blast out and make all.

I wasn't going to use my bet on it as Greyhounds are huge variance but meh.

My bet

9.45 Newcastle All England Cup Greyhounds

Trap 1 Mill Bling Bling @ 15/8

€25 win.

Done
                                  Winner Winner.
                                  Led from the start as you said, cleared the first bend with a good lead and held all the way.
                                  well done.

Comment

Easy game. Have a lovely punt on it myself aswell.

We are off and running Syndicaters

Comment

Easy race for her, big tumble at the start for trap 4 i think.
                                      Off and running

Comment

WP Richie,

If you are still online tonight (01:30 - sorry for short notice) I would like to put my €25 on the below bet:

Baseball

STL Cardinals -1.5 @ 29/20

Plenty of positives about this bet imo. The pitcher Carpenter has played really well mid season to this point (playoffs to the world series). Last time he played tonights opponents Brewers last month he played really well while winning the game. On the offensive side they have consistently been scoring runs and destroyed their opponents on Monday night to tie the series at 1-1 with their major weapon Pujols (yes!) contributing significantly to the 12-3 win (away).

In Baseball the value is always betting on the handicap lines (I usually try doubles and trebles during regular season) and avoiding the "money lines" (match betting).

I think the Cardinals will push on tonight with homefield advantage for the first time in the series. The one reservation I have is the opposition pitcher was also in good form throughout the season but weighing up this against their current form (Cardinals scored well in the first game defeat 9-6 away) I think this bet is worthwhile.

Comment

Richie, have you been following the 2011 Championship League Darts?

Whitlock has been involved in all 5 groups so far and he's yet to get through. His finishing has been letting him down a bit. He's played a shitload of darts and has gotten into the knockout stages in each group tho, but losing...

semi's to Anderson 6-4
                                          final to Taylor 6-5
                                          final to Nicholson 6-4
                                          semi's to Walsh 6-2
                                          final to King 6-3

I think he'l be a little too strong for what's left in Group 6 and i expect him to come out on top tomorrow. I can only see VDV get in his way

Whitlock
                                          Smith
                                          Painter
                                          Osborne
                                          Van der Voort
                                          Ovens
                                          Tabern
                                          Beaton

If you can find betting on it, i'd like to stick my €25 on Whitlock to win group 6

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                            WP Richie,

If you are still online tonight (01:30 - sorry for short notice) I would like to put my €25 on the below bet:

Baseball

Plenty of positives about this bet imo. The pitcher Carpenter has played really well mid season to this point (playoffs to the world series). Last time he played tonights opponents Brewers last month he played really well while winning the game. On the offensive side they have consistently been scoring runs and destroyed their opponents on Monday night to tie the series at 1-1 with their major weapon Pujols (yes!) contributing significantly to the 12-3 win (away).

In Baseball the value is always betting on the handicap lines (I usually try doubles and trebles during regular season) and avoiding the "money lines" (match betting).

I think the Cardinals will push on tonight with homefield advantage for the first time in the series. The one reservation I have is the opposition pitcher was also in good form throughout the season but weighing up this against their current form (Cardinals scored well in the first game defeat 9-6 away) I think this bet is worthwhile.

Done @ 6/4

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Whitlock has been involved in all 5 groups so far and he's yet to get through. His finishing has been letting him down a bit. He's played a shitload of darts and has gotten into the knockout stages in each group tho, but losing...

semi's to Anderson 6-4
                                              final to Taylor 6-5
                                              final to Nicholson 6-4
                                              semi's to Walsh 6-2
                                              final to King 6-3

I think he'l be a little too strong for what's left in Group 6 and i expect him to come out on top tomorrow. I can only see VDV get in his way

Whitlock
                                              Smith
                                              Painter
                                              Osborne
                                              Van der Voort
                                              Ovens
                                              Tabern
                                              Beaton

If you can find betting on it, i'd like to stick my €25 on Whitlock to win group 6

Bet365 dont have a market, ill see what i can find

Comment

Bet365 dont have a market, ill see what i can find
                                                Yeah didn't see it myself on Bet365 but PP had live betting on todays games. Not sure if the markets go up tomorrow. Will have a check myself tomorrow and see if there's anything up. If not, scratch it anyway

Comment

Most places only have CL outright Tony, betfair have markets for each individual match but no group winner.

If you can find it anywhere I'll bet it but it's not looking good

Comment

hey Richie,
                                                    im considering you to be the "real boss" of this thread now

Just a couple of questions:

1)--have we until the end of the month to chose our bets for the 1st round?

2)--Was there a decision/general agreement made where syndicate members would give a brief write up (or detailed if they like) on the reasoning behind the chosen bet? its no big deal really, but it would be nice to see the different ways people think out their bets when sport betting.
                                                    BTW--I wouldnt be asking for this in order to try and influence another members bet. I'm just very interested in hearing the various sports betting thoughts. Like i know fcuk all about baseball, but I enjoyed reading White Knights summary above. keep it up!

Comment

I agree Connie, a summary or brief write up would be nice from members but it's hard to enforce, we will just trust that members do each other the courtesy of some reasoning why bets are made. It will help us all in the long run

Comment

Did you also decide on the suggestion about giving the winners an extra share of the stake for the following month?

Comment

Did you also decide on the suggestion about giving the winners an extra share of the stake for the following month?
                                                          I'm on my phone now, can you stick a poll up or something. I'm all for that as I'm sure most will be. Thing we got a lot of support for it in the sign up thread

Comment

I'm on my phone now, can you stick a poll up or something. I'm all for that as I'm sure most will be. Thing we got a lot of support for it in the sign up thread
                                                            Go with it for next month, we can always review it after that

Comment

I second that.
                                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                WP Richie,

Baseball

Finished up 4-3, were 4-0 up

Comment

Finished up 4-3, were 4-0 up
                                                                  Sigh, went 4-0 up in the first inning as well. Good Luck with the rest of the round lads.

Comment

Wales -2 v France @ evs - €10

Man City, Chelsea and QPR treble @ 3.26 - €10

Jimmy White -1.5 v Dinghui @ 6/5 - €5

Wales are been terribly underated imo , they are so powerfull and controled, as long as the change at 10 doesnt disrupt their rhythm I think Wales will win reasonably comfortable, apart from Wales's strenghts, there is alot of unanswered questions about France and the moral in the camp cannot be good considering the bafoon that is Lievermont, if they play Parra @ 10 I fear for hes wellbeing tbh.

Man City and Chelsea are both at home against weak opposition and I expect Silva, Dzeckp, Lampard, Drogba etc to have a field day. I have included QPR to boost the price to something a little respectable and also as I feel Blackburn are an absolute shambles they have conceeded 17 goals thus far and only picked up one point away from home.

Jimmy White has a great chance against Dinghui who has always struggled in this quickfire format, this allied to Jimmy having shown very good form of late, and of course I'll admit a small bit of heart over head!

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                      Wales -2 v France @ evs - €10

Man City, Chelsea and QPR treble @ 3.26 - €10

Jimmy White -1.5 v Dinghui @ 6/5 - €5
                                                                      Done

I assumed you meant Jimmy +1.5

Also the trebel plays 2.25/1

Comment

Can you change the odds on Bet365 from decimal to fraction? I'm still old fashioned

Comment

Can you change the odds on Bet365 from decimal to fraction? I'm still old fashioned
                                                                          Its up on the top right. There will be a drop down box

Comment

Just want to make another suggestion on this, as i see that some people will be breaking their stake down into 2/3 bets. A winning bet should constitute a return of ~75% or more imo.

Say someone sticks €10 on a 6/1, €10 on a 5/1 and €5 on a 9/2. If the 9/2 is the only bet that comes in, then it's a return of €27.50 so i wouldn't really class that as a winning result.

Also, sticking €25 on a 4/6 in the hope that you get a double stake the following week isn't the way forward imo. Would like to see most people have a shot at return the stake a decent winning selection each week. Just throwing it out there to see what people think

Comment

#39
                                                                              Just an FYI sydicate members, i still have the extra 175 euros in a seperate account.

I can place bets on Boyles, Paddy Power, Ladbrokes, Betfair (although this gets awkward with commission and stuff) so if you cant find a bet on 365 i can accomadate you elsewhere but i do ask that you try your best to find the bet on 365 first.

I also have a phone account with a local bookmaker who does a few good specials like 6 places in the golf every week, double odds for a second goal if you do a 1st goalscorer bet ect

Basically no bet should be out of reach

Comment

#40
                                                                                Done

I assumed you meant Jimmy +1.5

Also the trebel plays 2.25/1
                                                                                Yeah Jimmy +1.5 cheers,

re the treble 2.25/1 is 3.25, so I was only .01 out lol, me and my betfair ways lol, thnx Richie and gl us!

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Just want to make another suggestion on this, as i see that some people will be breaking their stake down into 2/3 bets. A winning bet should constitute a return of ~75% or more imo.

Say someone sticks €10 on a 6/1, €10 on a 5/1 and €5 on a 9/2. If the 9/2 is the only bet that comes in, then it's a return of €27.50 so i wouldn't really class that as a winning result.

Also, sticking €25 on a 4/6 in the hope that you get a double stake the following week isn't the way forward imo. Would like to see most people have a shot at return the stake a decent winning selection each week. Just throwing it out there to see what people think
                                                                                  I dont really agree with this Tony. Everybody would like to back big price winners, but everybody in the syndicate just having a "shot" would soon see the sydicate busted (as in syndicate 2). If everybody had €25 on a 4/6 shot and all won, I'd be extremely happy with that result for round 1. (250 profit). Add 200 bonus and then the same in round 2, and our bank would be 1375!! (after starting with 375)
                                                                                  I know thats all hypothetical, but Im not so sure that encouraging syndicate members to have a shot is such a good thing. Let those that want to have a shot, take their shot. And let those that want to play conservative, play conservative.

Interested in hearing other opinions on this. I brought up a soccer bet the other night, but I felt it was too speculative to put in as a syndicate bet, so I just backed it myself.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                    I dont really agree with this Tony. Everybody would like to back big price winners, but everybody in the syndicate just having a "shot" would soon see the sydicate busted (as in syndicate 2). If everybody had €25 on a 4/6 shot and all won, I'd be extremely happy with that result for round 1. (250 profit). Add 200 bonus and then the same in round 2, and our bank would be 1375!! (after starting with 375)
                                                                                    I know thats all hypothetical, but Im not so sure that encouraging syndicate members to have a shot is such a good thing. Let those that want to have a shot, take their shot. And let those that want to play conservative, play conservative.

Interested in hearing other opinions on this. I brought up a soccer bet the other night, but I felt it was too speculative to put in as a syndicate bet, so I just backed it myself.
                                                                                    Agree with this Connie, a winner is a winner and all that and especially when we have the numbers involved here.

Comment

#43

But did it win?

Comment

#44

Don't really disagree with anything you said here Connie. Was just putting it out there in relation to people getting a double stake the following the month based on this months bet. Not that anyone would, but wouldn't like to see anyone backing 1/10 shots so that they get a double stake the following week

Comment

#45

I agree that winning punters should get a bigger stake the following month and also that a certain return should be reached.

I know I shot my load early and bet was a wipeout but I didnt think I would see a tenner going on a 6/5 shot to be honest. To me this is a waste of time. You have to remember that 10 is 14 people so for me its just a waste of time.

Just my 2c.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            I agree that winning punters should get a bigger stake the following month and also that a certain return should be reached.

I know I shot my load early and bet was a wipeout but I didnt think I would see a tenner going on a 6/5 shot to be honest. To me this is a waste of time. You have to remember that 10 is 14 people so for me its just a waste of time.

Just my 2c.
                                                                                            why is a tenner on a 6/5 shot a waste ?? its only a waste if he dosnt win... no??
                                                                                            its still €12 profit.

Comment

#47

Just my 2c.
                                                                                              And I didnt imagine that having over two and a half weeks to place our bets someone would pick a 10/1 and a 12/1 in two consecutive handicaps in Nottingham

Yes I have gone a conservative route and covered three different sports in three different bets, its where I saw value and I explained each bet and the thinking behind them. No point and 14 of us picking random nags, but if that is what you want to do then I dont have a problem with it. Each to their own.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                And I didnt imagine that having over two and a half weeks to place our bets someone would pick a 10/1 and a 12/1 in two consecutive handicaps in Nottingham

Yes I have gone a conservative route and covered three different sports in three different bets, its where I saw value and I explained each bet and the thinking behind them. No point and 14 of us picking random nags, but if that is what you want to do then I dont have a problem with it. Each to their own.
                                                                                                Yeh look I'm not having a pop it just wouldnt be what I would do.

Its good having a balance anyway I suppose so each to their own.

GL us!

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  But did it win?
                                                                                                  Yeah, it did. But it was risky, and playing just for myself, well I dont mind being speculative. But as part of a syndicate, I'd like to think I'd be a little bit more conservative.
                                                                                                  Hope that makes sense!!

Connie

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    10euro on Derry City to win the league. 10-1 with Ladbrokes.

They are 16/5 to beat Rovers tonight but the league will be fully in their hands if they win making 10/1 on the title far better value than the result of tonights match.

15euro on Pats to beat Shels FAI Cup Semi 10/11 Laddies, 5/6 most places, whatever is handier.

Should be a comfortable win for Pats after Shels recent collapse.

First bet needs to be placed before 7 tonight, apologies for short notice, will pick something else if too late.
                                                                                                    Last edited by bohsman; 13-10-11, 17:39.

Comment

#51

semi's to Anderson 6-4
                                                                                                      final to Taylor 6-5
                                                                                                      final to Nicholson 6-4
                                                                                                      semi's to Walsh 6-2
                                                                                                      final to King 6-3

Whitlock
                                                                                                      Smith
                                                                                                      Painter
                                                                                                      Osborne
                                                                                                      Van der Voort
                                                                                                      Ovens
                                                                                                      Tabern
                                                                                                      Beaton

Whitlock playing Smith in the 2nd semi, Beaton playing VDV in the first in 20 minutes. Only following it because i was going to bet on the semi's. Whitlock won 6 and lost 1 in the group (lost to Smith) so hoping he loses if here to make me feel better

Can't really understand why they have Whitlock 4/9 v Smith 13/8 in the semi.
                                                                                                      VDV is 11/10 to beat Beaton and it looks tasty despite Beaton beating him in the group (and topping it)

If you're on Richie, can you put my €25 on whoever comes out on top of the Whitlock/Smith game to win the final
                                                                                                      7.30 kick off if you can make it. If not, no worries

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                        10euro on Derry City to win the league. 10-1 with Ladbrokes.

They are 16/5 to beat Rovers tonight but the league will be fully in their hands if they win making 10/1 on the title far better value than the result of tonights match.

15euro on Pats to beat Shels FAI Cup Semi 10/11 Laddies, 5/6 most places, whatever is handier.

Should be a comfortable win for Pats after Shels recent collapse.

First bet needs to be placed before 7 tonight, apologies for short notice, will pick something else if too late.
                                                                                                        Done and Done

Placed the St Pats bet with Bet365 (5/6) and also placed the Outright bet on seperate account 10-1

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Whitlock playing Smith in the 2nd semi, Beaton playing VDV in the first in 20 minutes. Only following it because i was going to bet on the semi's. Whitlock won 6 and lost 1 in the group (lost to Smith) so hoping he loses if here to make me feel better

Can't really understand why they have Whitlock 4/9 v Smith 13/8 in the semi.
                                                                                                          VDV is 11/10 to beat Beaton and it looks tasty despite Beaton beating him in the group (and topping it)

If you're on Richie, can you put my €25 on whoever comes out on top of the Whitlock/Smith game to win the final
                                                                                                          Link me to where your getting the results please Tony, im out ad on my phone

Edit its ok, i can watch it on 365 when i place the bet
                                                                                                          Last edited by Wesley Harms; 13-10-11, 17:55.

Comment

#54

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              You can watch it free on the 365 website

Comment

#56

Edit its ok, i can watch it on 365 when i place the bet
                                                                                                                I'm going to be going against what i said by doing this bet by the way because i wouldn't be expecting any better than 4/9 if Whitlock makes the final. Maybe 8/13 for Smith, but i think it's great value because both Beaton and VDV will fall apart when they get to the mini final and should be picked off.

Comment

#57

Done @ 4/9 Smon Whitlock to beat Vincent Van Der Voort

He has come into 8/15 since i placed the bet ffs.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Wesley Harms; 13-10-11, 18:20.

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Done @ 4/9 Smon Whitlock to beat Vincent Van Der Voort

He has come into 8/15 since i placed the bet ffs.
                                                                                                                    Winner alright 6-5

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Jimmy White +1.5 v Dinghui @ 6/5 - €5

Jimmy White has a great chance against Dinghui who has always struggled in this quickfire format, this allied to Jimmy having shown very good form of late, and of course I'll admit a small bit of heart over head!
                                                                                                                      The whirlwind delivers aboi Jimmy

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Shame we couldn't get a price on this because it went how i saw it. Probably would have been 4s but will take a small little win (keeps Connie happy )

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X