Standard spot, do you pay him off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard spot, do you pay him off?

I wasn't really paying enough attention to the table so no real reads on opponent. Put the tourney through the replayer since, so I know which way he was playing now.

Should I bet the turn here or check for pot control?
    What do I do now?
    Is flop bet too small?
    Is the turn bet too big?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 60/120 Blinds 15 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 (t5855)
    MP1 (t7205)
    MP2 (t7415)
    Hero (MP3) (t20450)
    CO (t10800)
    Button (t9045)
    SB (t8395)
    BB (t11095)
    UTG (t8875)

Hero's M: 64.92

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, 10
    4 folds, Hero bets t360, 2 folds, SB calls t300, 1 fold

Flop: (t975) A, 5, 6 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets t360, SB calls t360

Turn: (t1695) 9 (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets t1200, [color=#CC3333]SB raises to t3600
    Last edited by gorrrr72; 25-03-10, 10:15.

Bet fold is fine.
    Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

I'd 100% check back the turn here, why you bet fold here ian? FD is only thing we beat, and think we get cr'd alot on the turn
      Last edited by AKQJ10; 25-03-10, 10:25.

Comment

Originally posted by AKQJ10 View Post
        I'd 100% check back the turn here, why you bet fold here ian? FD is only thing we beat, and think we get cr'd alot on the turn
        its pretty thin bet alright but I think we still get value from FD type hands and worse Aces enough to make this a bet.

just on sizing - id bet slightly more on the flop and slightly less on the turn

Comment

I think checking back is best, 78 got there, A9 got there, fds are the only worse hands we get value from and if he's competent he may be capable of raising with them and blowing us off our hand. I think betting is too thin. And he's never folding AJ/AQ so checking is best imo.

As played i'd fold.

Comment

I'd way prefer a turn bet as well tbh. I think the amount we get c/rd on the turn is being overestimated. Against a likely donk, there is loads of value here, and even if we are check/raised, its just an easy fold, like now.

Also, I'd bet more like 500 on that flop.
            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

+1 for turn bet. I also don't think we get c/r that often because there's not many hands that check call check raise this board except the turned straight and A9 really, and we'd have to try and figure out how often both of those hands are in his sb calling range. And yeah you have to bet more on the flop on that board.
              Last edited by Sledgejammer; 25-03-10, 22:21.
              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Yeah my flop bet was pants, I knew it looked really weak. I didn't perk up in the hand (multitabling) until he called the flop bet, and I knew he probably thought I was weak. I would have felt better if I had bet 550 or so on the flop and maybe 1100 on the turn. If he raised then it would have been an easier fold. I don't mind being tricky with bet sizes but in this case I feel it was better to play it ABC.

I folded anyway.

Put the tourney through the replayer, He had 6k when I joined his table and he played 1 hand in an hour where he called 2 streets and raised the river when a flush card hit (didn't see showdown).

Feel good about the fold now but at the time my mistake on the flop bet led me to a difficult decision.

Suppose it shows the importance of paying attention and playing your A game.

Comment

Working...
                X