Premiership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premiership

Does anyone want to bet on these seasons premiership? I'd like to bet on the winner, but I don't want to have to tie up money for 7 months waiting on the outcome.

I want to bet on Man UTD.

Currently trading around 2.1 on betfair. I'd like to bet about €500.

Obviously I don't want to escrow, so the better we know each other the easier this would be.

If there's any other way around this situation please let me know!

sorry Darragh only saw this, can do some match bets if you want. Let me know what you have in mind - and if there is a fixed price bookie offering odds we will go with them
    I do have teams i prefer though, so wont just be taking any
    Also, would prob lay 11/10 City too if you want it

If we do team a vs team b - and there is a 4 point gap, but you think team b is better, then a fair line of team b +2.5 is fair
    etc
    GAA News Website

Comment

As you're there Donal, was looking earlier at outright betting for the EPL, City are 6/5 in a few places and United can be had at 9/4 on Betfair, which means you can stake for example €100 split €60/€40 between the two and get a €30 return assuming one of them scoops if my maths are right.

Seems a decent enough bet, essentially 3/10 the two Manchester teams vs the field. Thoughts?

Comment

Think Man City are too short. Also think when Man U were at their shortest also too short. Have backed Chelsea at 2 different points of this season as big as 5s.

So personally i think Chelsea are value, which would mean the bet your looking at isnt, IMO
        GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
          Think Man City are too short. Also think when Man U were at their shortest also too short. Have backed Chelsea at 2 different points of this season as big as 5s.

So personally i think Chelsea are value, which would mean the bet your looking at isnt, IMO
          Cool, ty - Chelsea at 4.6/1 on Betfair atm, would your idea be backing to lay later in the year or something like that?

Incidentally, any suggestions on resources on sports betting? Been trying to get a bit smarter with it lately and have been working on some models for EPL and stuff but most of the stuff I've come across on the web is garbage. Did you read any wells/books or are you mostly just self-taught?

Comment

theres a few stats websites and a few books that i could find out for you. Personally i dont examine it all as mathematically as others. So may not be the best to ask.

Also there are a few wells in 2+2 that were thoroughly enjoyable re sports betting

Id back chelsea 9/2 with the bookies EW if you can get it. Best bet at the moment id say (not all go EW though)

Laying 11/10 or evens to someone you know mad to get on man city isnt a bad idea also
            GAA News Website

Comment

theres a few stats websites and a few books that i could find out for you. Personally i dont examine it all as mathematically as others. So may not be the best to ask.
              If you could and it wouldn't be too much trouble I'd be very much obliged.

Also there are a few wells in 2+2 that were thoroughly enjoyable re sports betting
              Yeah been reading my way through the FAQ thread in the Sports section there for the last while, definitely some good stuff but a lot of the time I feel like I'm missing stuff cos I don't have the basics down pat.

Id back chelsea 9/2 with the bookies EW if you can get it. Best bet at the moment id say (not all go EW though)

Laying 11/10 or evens to someone you know mad to get on man city isnt a bad idea also
              ty for the advice.

Sorry to HJ for highjacking the thread as well

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                If you could and it wouldn't be too much trouble I'd be very much obliged.

Yeah been reading my way through the FAQ thread in the Sports section there for the last while, definitely some good stuff but a lot of the time I feel like I'm missing stuff cos I don't have the basics down pat.

ty for the advice.

Sorry to HJ for highjacking the thread as well
                cant believe you HJ HJs thread!
                will do a thread/well on it after vegas if you want. Although i dont have a lot to add. I learn most from those around me.
                Ill ask john about the Documentary he watched re Vegas sports bettor too worth a watch!

get me on fb if you want anything else, but a lot is trial and error, then practicising what you've found out, and finally putting confidence behind what youve found. The more unique and specific your model is, yet relevantly so, the better!
                GAA News Website

Comment

Darragh I'm up to my tits in Utd for the league and might look to get some off. Probably could accommodate your 500.

I'll be back in Ireland on Sunday and I'll get back to you then if you still haven't found a taker. Just need to check out my overall position.

Comment

Working...
                  X