Yum yums for my Tum Tum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yum yums for my Tum Tum.

In spite of myself I follow some of these threads so hopefully I can find a little bit of baby/idiot proof help here. Essentially I am looking to change my diet, I guess significantly and I certainly think in an ideal world it would be very very different.

My diet is horrific, no exaggeration HORRIFIC. In general I eat maybe two/three takeaways a week, usually chipper/Indian/or Chinese. I never have breakfeast. On average I eat four/five full chocolate bars a day. I usually eat a chicken fillet roll with chesse for lunch around 11, if not I'll have a white bread sandwich with ham and crisps.
    I drink close to no water. I either drink Coke or orange juice. My evening meal will usually be something microwaved or the odd time decent grub when something is cooked. It is fair to say I cant really turn on an oven. Utterly clueless. Sometimes I will just skip an evening meal altogether. I dont eat fruit really (even though I enjoy it, relatively speaking) and regards veg I eat peas and carrots. Thats about it.

I am starting a demanding enough full time job on Monday and really cant afford to feel wrecked around the clock. I am pretty sure that is because I eat nothing but tripe. Weight wise I am 12 stone ish,(I exercise three/four times a week football/swimming/) fluctuates a little but have no real intrest in looking better per say I really just want to feel better, feel healthier. Even a placebo type effect would do the job!

So really what I am asking is- Can someone stick up a diet of what I should eat in a day, starting at breakfeast all the way through. Like I said I am an idiot when it comes to cooking so something non complicated in this area. I have no desire to be a health freak but am genuinly going to try and change how I eat. I appreciate greatly any advice or guidance.

Thug life.

Every second day

Wake up 15 mins earlier than normal. Cook 2 meals
    1 - Scrambled eggs with Cheese and ham and peppers
    2 - Stir fry chicken/pork/turkey/beef with peppers, beansprouts, and other stir fry veg. Use a low kcal sauce or better yet make your own from spices.

On the same day
    Cook dinner - but cook two portions, so that you can lunchbox some for the next day. Dinner should be ~200g and as many vegetables as you wish to eat.

On the alternate day
    Breakfast - Get up, cook bacon and scrambled eggs / omellete with whatever you want in it / 2 poached eggs on bacon.
    Dinner - Cook whatever you want, again ~200g of meat, and plenty of vegetables. Days that you have football training etc, you can throw 75g of pasta/rice in here too.

Tupperware is ghey, but essential.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      Tupperware is ghey, but essential.
      it is ghey but great.

for lunch you could try and make a salad which is very easy, buy some packs of cooked chicken pieces
      SPOILER
      these are very expensive, if you buy your own chicken breasts you could cook them and chop them up put them in a tubberware box and they will hold easily in the fridge for 2/3/4days. much cheaper and your sure that it is 100% chicken breast you are using.
      . mix up about a cereal bowl full of lettuce,scallions some peppers and a few cherry tomatoes halfed or quatered pop in some of your chicken mix it up with some salt and pepper. pop it into a tubberware box and that is a very nice and healthy lunch. if you find this a bit boring mix in about a tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce. you could use some chopped and fried bacon/pepperomi/chorizo instead of chicken if you wanted just add some diced feta cheese and a few capers instead of the chilli sauce for that mediteranean touch.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I know you facebooked me to have a look, but in reality if I was to stick up a non complicated diet that would work, you'd think I was joking and would find it very very hard to stick to it.

Best advice for someone like you who isnt massively overweight, isnt trying to radically change their body shape and isnt in immediate danger is to learn to count calories. It will make a huge difference.

Learn to count calories and stop having takeaways. You'll feel much better and you'll also see big improvements.
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

With the above all said,

If you really want to feel full of energy and never be tired. I would recommend getting into a gym and eating only protein and fats. I have never felt so energetic than when I folllowed that advice.

Thats a bit harder and there is a 'changeover' stage albeit, not too long.
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

You can do what they say or Plan B get a wife

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
              I know you facebooked me to have a look, but in reality if I was to stick up a non complicated diet that would work, you'd think I was joking and would find it very very hard to stick to it.

Best advice for someone like you who isnt massively overweight, isnt trying to radically change their body shape and isnt in immediate danger is to learn to count calories. It will make a huge difference.

Learn to count calories and stop having takeaways. You'll feel much better and you'll also see big improvements.

Stick it up anyway. If anything would act as a template that I can butcher with various gungy subsitutes.

Comment

Originally posted by islander32 View Post
                You can do what they say or Plan B get a wife
                The googles do nothing, so to speak.

Comment

Only seen this now. With your lifestyle and current weight you can pretty liberal, but it's a good idea to give the take-aways(carbs and sugar, literally the worst combination imaginable) the chop. You can still eat lots of tasty, high-fat foods and you'll have 100000x more energy and feel better.

Breakfast:

One of;

-Porridge + blueberries(you can buy them frozen for 2e a box in Dunnes, they really are awesome, imo)
                  -3 boiled eggs
                  -An ommellette filled with veg and a lean meat(tuna/chicken/ham/turkey)
                  -Greek yogurt(Yoplait I find is the best one to buy, something like 1.19 a pot and you get 2 servings, maybe 3)+ strawberries/blueberries/blackberries etc etc

Lunch:

One of;

-Mixed leaf salad, tuna/chicken/turkey/ham, tomato, peppers etc etc. You can make a nice dressing with garlic cloves, 3 parts virgin olive oil, 1 part balsamic vinegar. Very simple and very tasty.
                  -Any high fat, high protein meat. Pork chops, chicken fillets, high quality beef/steak burgers will be fine also, with a side of spinach leaves/lettuce. If you wanna have some high pork sausages(get the good ones, 80%+ pork).
                  -Stir-fry, tons of veg, beef/chicken/pork. Extremely simple to make. Vegetable stock cubes along with the mix of vegetables will give it plenty of flavor
                  -If you didn't have them for breakfast, eggs!

Dinner;

Same as lunch. Keep it simple! Just mix things up and try different combinations to keep the variety going. Don't worry about using garlic sauce or mayo or whatever. As long as your carb and sugar intake is low, you can have that kind of stuff all the time.

Snacks:

Nuts! Cashews, almonds, walnuts etc etc. These are great to snack on anytime during the day.
                  Greek yogurt
                  Peanut butter. You'd be surprised how filling a tablespoon or two can be. Buy the Meridan brand from Holland and Barret. Only 7 euro a kilo and no added sugar. The best option out there.
                  Rice cakes: Yeah, they have no taste but they're good to snack on.

Drinks:
                  Water: Sip water constantly. Keeps your muscles lubricated and working properly, flushes all the nasty stuff out of your body and keeps you nice and hydrated.
                  Coffee(no sugar): No problem here, great before any physical activity, gives you a little boost.
                  Green tea: Great for boosting your energy levels and a important part of my weight loss. Get it into you.

You don't have to be a hippy, if you follow this pretty well for 5/6 days a week, you can basically have what you like(within reason) on day 7. No need to be a hippie. Make sure to just keep it simple.

Any questions feel free to ask here or on FB.
                  Last edited by Moneymaker; 05-09-11, 14:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                    Only seen this now. With your lifestyle and current weight you can pretty liberal, but it's a good idea to give the take-aways(carbs and sugar, literally the worst combination imaginable) the chop. You can still eat lots of tasty, high-fat foods and you'll have 100000x more energy and feel better.

Breakfast:

One of;

-Porridge + blueberries(you can buy them frozen for 2e a box in Dunnes, they really are awesome, imo)
                    -3 boiled eggs
                    -An ommellette filled with veg and a lean meat(tuna/chicken/ham/turkey)
                    -Greek yogurt(Yoplait I find is the best one to buy, something like 1.19 a pot and you get 2 servings, maybe 3)+ strawberries/blueberries/blackberries etc etc

Lunch:

One of;

-Mixed leaf salad, tuna/chicken/turkey/ham, tomato, peppers etc etc. You can make a nice dressing with garlic cloves, 3 parts virgin olive oil, 1 part balsamic vinegar. Very simple and very tasty.
                    -Any high fat, high protein meat. Pork chops, chicken fillets, high quality beef/steak burgers will be fine also, with a side of spinach leaves/lettuce. If you wanna have some high pork sausages(get the good ones, 80%+ pork).
                    -Stir-fry, tons of veg, beef/chicken/pork. Extremely simple to make. Vegetable stock cubes along with the mix of vegetables will give it plenty of flavor
                    -If you didn't have them for breakfast, eggs!

Dinner;

Same as lunch. Keep it simple! Just mix things up and try different combinations to keep the variety going. Don't worry about using garlic sauce or mayo or whatever. As long as your carb and sugar intake is low, you can have that kind of stuff all the time.

Snacks:

Nuts! Cashews, almonds, walnuts etc etc. These are great to snack on anytime during the day.
                    Greek yogurt
                    Peanut butter. You'd be surprised how filling a tablespoon or two can be. Buy the Meridan brand from Holland and Barret. Only 7 euro a kilo and no added sugar. The best option out there.
                    Rice cakes: Yeah, they have no taste but they're good to snack on.

Drinks:
                    Water: Sip water constantly. Keeps your muscles lubricated and working properly, flushes all the nasty stuff out of your body and keeps you nice and hydrated.
                    Coffee(no sugar): No problem here, great before any physical activity, gives you a little boost.
                    Green tea: Great for boosting your energy levels and a important part of my weight loss. Get it into you.

You don't have to be a hippy, if you follow this pretty well for 5/6 days a week, you can basically have what you like(within reason) on day 7. No need to be a hippie. Make sure to just keep it simple.

Any questions feel free to ask here or on FB.
                    Thanks a million for this. Pretty much the type of rough guidelines I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
                    X