NFL Fantasy Football 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL Fantasy Football 2011

Just putting it out there for anybody that is interested. $20 per man 12 max per league. If there is more than that interested I'm sure some will play in two to make up the numbers. We have until the end of August to organise things. I won't be on much for the next week I think but after will organise it.

Stick your name here if interested.
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

In it towin it

Comment

Yeah i'll be in for this

Comment

I'll donate.

Comment

In, hopefully I can do better than last year.

Comment

Inski. Send me Star SN and I'll ship. I see the league from last year is still there, are we reusing that?

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Pablo View Post
              Inski. Send me Star SN and I'll ship. I see the league from last year is still there, are we reusing that?
              [off topic]
              get yourself into the premier league one as well

[/off topic]
              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

I'll give it another bash this year
                ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

I'll give it a go.

Comment

List so far, I'll give it until the 25th August and then we can talk about a draft date to suit all if thats possible, if not then the majority.

ghostface ste
                    boba_fett3099
                    NewApproach
                    BrianN
                    Juan Pablo
                    JackBurton
                    Lurker23
                    eagle eye

Originally posted by Juan Pablo View Post
                    No we won't be using that league, I'll set up a new one. Its too awkward to go changing the owners in an old league. I'll contact somebody about holding the moneys. I don't want to do it myself, its not much fun if you win it and the money is already in your account, and its more hurtful to have to hand it over if you lose!
                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

In.

Comment

bump. We have 9, 3 more would be great but even 1 would be good. Anybody? Where is Silver Tiger, was sure he would be interested in this.

Comment

id be up for it this as well

Comment

defending champ is in

Comment

Bump again, we have 11 I think, one more would be great.

Comment

Sign me up. will keep the sundays interesting

Comment

If ye get to 13 I'll pull out to give an even dozen, otherwise I'll stay in. Only back from the US on sunday, and money will be fairly tight for the first month or so. Plus I don't know nearly enough to make proper picks

Comment

ghostface ste
                                    boba_fett3099
                                    NewApproach
                                    BrianN
                                    Juan Pablo
                                    JackBurton
                                    Lurker23
                                    eagle eye
                                    Teddie
                                    Trippie
                                    Bubbleking
                                    AKDonk

Thats 12 and we'll go with that. I'll get somebody to escrow the moneys and set it up later today.

Can everybody post and give three dates over the next 10 days that suit them and a time guideline. We will try and suit everybody if possible with the draft.

Comment

Any weekday evening after 8 should be fine with me. Tues/Wed night prob best

Comment

Same for me. Just have to avoid Thursday's

Comment

Any weekday evening suits me but would it be possible to have it at no earlier than 10pm? If that doesn't suit I'd probably be able to sort something out anyway.
                                          ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

+1 on 10pm or later.

I don't mind what day it's on.

Comment

Wednesday after 10 maybe?

Comment

probably not going to be able to draft as going away. also missing my boards one so think i may miss out on my ff buzz this year.

Comment

Danny Diamond will hold the monies for this. Thanks Danny.

Stars sn is Diamondgeeza.

Boyles sn is 1ForU2ForMe, email required aswell for Boyles, danny-diamond@ hotmail.com

Comment

So Wednesday looks to be a popular day for this. If Wednesday the 31st August at 10pm suits thank this post.

Comment

If Wednesday the 7th August(last possible day) @ 10pm suits thank this post.

If neither suits you put up an alternate date and if it gets the most thanks from FF members then thats the day/date we will go on.

Comment

Can everybody who was in this last year give me their team names so I can kick out anyone who is not in it this year.

Anybody who wasn't in it last year send me an email address and I'll add you in. Thanks.

If we get one more vote for this Wednesday coming then that will be the date for the draft.

Comment

Ghostface Eagles, Must have spent ages coming up with that name

Comment

Think I was the Cork Cowboys or something along those lines.

Comment

I havent done this before, but sure I'd love to have a go at it.

Flash, you'll have to let me know whats to setting up a team and wheres it done at? Also, I could do with some pointers for this draft system.

Connie

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                I havent done this before, but sure I'd love to have a go at it.

Flash, you'll have to let me know whats to setting up a team and wheres it done at? Also, I could do with some pointers for this draft system.

Connie
                                                                You can have my spot Connie, I was actually just logging in to say I'd be pulling out but this means less hassle for everyone else playing.

Comment

The Real Mc Coys

Champions 2010/11

Comment

My team last year was BigBoysStuff.

Comment

First reserve please

Comment

Ok, the following players are already in the league.

ghostface ste - Ghostface Eagles
                                                                        BrianN - Cork Cowboys
                                                                        Juan Pablo - Show us your TDs
                                                                        JackBurton - BigBoysStuff
                                                                        eagle eye - Eagle Eye Patriots
                                                                        Bubbleking - The Real McCoys

Sending an invite now to Lurker23.

I need email addresses from the following immediately if not sooner please

AKDonk
                                                                        boba_fett3099
                                                                        Connie147
                                                                        Teddie
                                                                        Trippie
                                                                        Silver-Tiger

I was just reading through the thread there now and seen that Trippie is not around. We will add Siver-Tiger in and if Trippie wants to stay in then thats fine but if he hasn't got back to us by the night the draft then we will go ahead without him. While he didn't say outright that he was not going to play it sounded very like it.

So get those email addresses in now please and I'll send you the invites. I've got one by pm already.

Would like to get the draft set for Wednesday night at 10pm.

Comment

Shipped the money on stars from BNeenan.

Thanks eagle eye for organizing this and danny diamond for holding the money.

Comment

Invites also sent now to AKDonk and Silver-Tiger.

Comment

#39
                                                                              League joined & money sent on stars from Saint_023.

Thanks EE and Danny.

Comment

#40
                                                                                The below have not sent me an email address yet. I just sent an invite to Connie. Please guys get your email addresses to me immediately.

boba_fett3099
                                                                                Teddie
                                                                                Trippie

The draft will take place tomorrow(Wednesday) night at 10pm

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Connie turn on your skype if you want to talk about the draft. I'll repost this from last year also.

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                  Just a few tips for those who are new to the game.

The biggest thing is to know is the bye weeks. This is huge because in the week that a player is off you want to have a reserve drafted to replace him.

So if you take 3 running backs then they should all have different bye weeks. You will more than likely draft a reserve QB and of course he will have to have a different bye week to your first choice. Its a huge part of the game and many people make the mistake of not concentrating on bye weeks and end up in trouble when the bye weeks start. This information is available for every player on the site when you are drafting.

Injured players who are ranked is another thing to watch out for. If a guy is only out for 1 or 2 weeks then it might be worth drafting him but any player on IR is out for the season. This site is always up to date on injuries. http://espn.go.com/nfl/injuries

There are cheat sheets available online, all you have to do is google nfl fantasy cheat sheets but the rankings on the NFL site are good enough for this draft because its not going to be very deep with only 10 players in it.

So all you do is make sure you pick in the right order to maximise your starting lineup and then pick your backups after that.

Its handy enough, you look at who the next player up in their rankings is, you check to see if he fits your team at the present time and if he does just check the injury list and if he is not injured then pick him.

Anyways hope that helps people a bit but nothing like a practice draft to really understand it.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Monies shipped to Danny on Stars, cheers lads. I'll stick a facebook message up on Bob Fetas page in case he hasn't been on IPB.

Seriously cant emphasise the importance of making sure the bye week players are different in your team, fooked me up last year cos really wasnt aware of it. Will try get a practice draft in tonight.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      I sent a pm to both, Teddie has got back to me already and pm sent. Just waiting on boba_fett3099 now. Hopefully he gets your message soon.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Was away for the past 5 days so that's why I haven't posted on this thread. Tomorrow is grand for me and will to Danny now.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Just shipped $20 to Diamondgeeza for my own entry.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Prep underway, I'll still fuck it up!!

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Shittin myself doing a mock draft haha,

Can i ship on paypal to anyone?

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Very excited about this

My first fantasy draft.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                                                  Very excited about this

My first fantasy draft.
                                                                                                  The best thing about it is its about to be your shot to draft again and some bollox robs your next pick!!! Soul destroying lol... fingers crossed for good draft position

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                    The best thing about it is its about to be your shot to draft again and some bollox robs your next pick!!! Soul destroying lol... fingers crossed for good draft position
                                                                                                    What's good position? Middle of the line?

I was 1st in a 10 man mock and i hated it.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Are we still good to go for 10pm

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Just remembered I really suck at these. Anyone wanna buy a % ? lol

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Haven't been checking in for the last couple of days lads. I'll check and confirm any monies shipped tomorrow.
                                                                                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                            What's good position? Middle of the line?

I was 1st in a 10 man mock and i hated it.
                                                                                                            Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                            Are we still good to go for 10pm
                                                                                                            I think so. Cant remember if the draft just pops up when you log in or not, doesnt seem to be up yet anyway.

Eh I was 1st pick last year I think, it is just ages to 2nd pick but you obv get your top choice in draft. If you are 3rd or 4th you wont get top picks but may have a more solid team all round (speculation)??

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Hopefully there is decent people online for this(or else done a good mock). When there is a few missing it can take ages for everyone to be sorted.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Money sent to Danny, did a few mocks last night, defo dont want first pick, 5th or 6 will do just fine.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  When does the live draft show up?

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                                    When does the live draft show up?
                                                                                                                    About to ask the same thing....

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      i will ship later tonight. Is it $20 or €20?

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        I'm still not in the live draft anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X