Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super turbo spot

I got critcised by a reg for this hand it a 6 player super turbo sng

Any thoughts? I assumed it would be ok id be happy to shove against a full stack fwiw.

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 30/60 Blinds (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t930)
    Hero (MP) (t1490)
    CO (t1470)
    Button (t2190)
    SB (t1460)
    BB (t1460)

Hero's M: 16.56

Preflop: Hero is MP with K, A
    UTG bets t210, Hero raises t1490 (All-In), 4 folds, UTG calls t720 (All-In)

Flop: (t1950) Q, 4, Q (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t1950) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t1950) 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t1950

Results:
    UTG had 10, K (two pair, Queens and tens).
    Hero had K, A (one pair, Queens).
    Outcome: UTG won t1950
    Pm for rakeback deals

wtf else are you supposed to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      wtf else are you supposed to do?
      I really shouldnt have bothered with a thread general poker would have done. The reg is a -1% roi so hes nothing special. he tried to say it was a horrible ICM raising AKo against an utg raise. I was 95% sure i done nothing wrong just said id see.

I pretty much shove AK in the early levels over any raise even at the 10-20 level. I just feel that playing pots with AK that early in these super turbos is pointless and leads to losing a lot of my stack. I actually fold AQ up to the 100 bb level. I will adjust shoving AK if im up against a reg. Big leak or fine ? May aswell use this thread for something.
      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Massive lol at reg,

It's 930 effective, what other possible raise is there?
        Was he suggesting a flat, or a fold? LOL
        There's 6 players paying 2 - he hasn't a clue about ICM. I'd say he read that AK was a horrible shove from an ICM point of view and thought that it was universal to all hands.
        The fact that UTG called a 3bet shove with KT proves your move was +EV.
        UTG is clearly the one who deserves the slating, but results based thinkers gonna results based think

That's a few of the reasons, from a quick glance, why the reg is wrong

Comment

@ the reg

Comment

with them stack sizes that is a shove all day every day regardless if its a sng, turbo sng or any tournie format, with the exception of bubble play in a sng.

just my opinion of course

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I hope the reg wasnt the UTG dude? I think he misunderstands ICM if hes not shoving AK here. In fact Im nearly sure hes talking through his arse

Comment

Are you sure this guy is a reg or has a clue? If anyone should fold in this spot I think it's him, open folding I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                  Are you sure this guy is a reg or has a clue? If anyone should fold in this spot I think it's him, open folding I mean.
                  No reg is UTG by the way. He was the bb or something we tend to needle at each other a bit. Im fairly certain he wasnt leveling either with his comment.

Anyone have a clue what a decent roi is in these super turbos?
                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I think most 6 max players over 10k-20k games will have around 1% to 6% roi and 6% is high, the sharkscope leader for 6 max super turbos has a 1% roi over 200k games with 100k+ profit.
                    But he plays on stars and I think sharkscope has stars super turbos as the 500 chip hyper turbos but i'd imagine 1% to 6% over a big sample
                    Last edited by theshortstack; 23-07-11, 15:32.

Comment

This 'reg' levelled you into levelling us. It's a level inside a level..

DUNNNN-dun-dun-dun.. DUNNNN-dun-dun-dun.. BOMMMMMMMMMMM
                      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
                      X