Whats my best move here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats my best move here?

Not sure what my best line is here...would love to hear people's opinions?
    Sorry no hand history to copy and paste.

The game is 50c/$1 6 max on stars

Hero Btn ($190)
    SB ($50)
    Villain BB ($100)

I've been playing alot of hands and raising to $3 each time I entered a pot. So in this hand i am dealt KcKhQcJh and I raise to $3 dollars on the button after it is folded to me. SB calls as does the BB.

Flop Ac Kd 6d.

SB bets $3.50
    BB raises to $12 dollars.

Thoughts on my best play here please...

Anyway I just called. SB folds.

Turn is the 7c giving me the nut flush draw.

BB pots it for $36 dollars....whats my move here and why?

raise turn,,,,,,why! to get some $ in the pot.you have the button so raise if he lead;s the turn....only AAXX beats you and so many Adxd will play for the stacks on the flop and/or turn

Comment

Originally posted by Rattled77 View Post
      raise turn,,,,,,why! to get some $ in the pot.you have the button so raise if he lead;s the turn....only AAXX beats you and so many Adxd will play for the stacks on the flop and/or turn
      so do you think i should have raised on the flop? and then call his all in??

Comment

I've played very little PLO but raise/calling the flop is definitely ok, even against AKQJdd or AKJTdd you're ahead and I'd expect to be called be weaker (sets of jacks, nfd+weak straightdraw etc.). You're trying to get the most value out of his weaker hands here, your hand crushes his range.

Neither can ever have AA here and if he does, punch the wall and have a sobwank to vent the frustration.

Edit: Just want to say that cold 3betting this flop is really strong and you'll fold out almost everything. If BB has been nitty 3bet calling is fine but if he's been at all spewy calling in position and letting him continue to barrell is ok imo.

Question to decent people: If we call and the turn brings a diamond what do we do when A) the SB folds flop and BB pots turn and B) SB calls flop and either player pots turn?
        Last edited by daire; 17-03-10, 16:20.

Comment

Like I definitely think he can call with weak aces pre given that he can only get a small % of his stack. Like most people just mash the pot button with all combo's of AAxx but he turns up with aces some. I also think that when the SB leads and he goes less than pot he has draws AdXd ATJQ kinda stuff enough. I prob just get it in on the flop in order to not make a mistake on the river

Comment

Originally posted by Mormank View Post
            so do you think i should have raised on the flop? and then call his all in??

yes i would of raised flop and called the all in on the turn.......if he wakes up with weak AAxx in this spot then so be it..what sort of stats was the villian playing?

Comment

well ok i went all in on the turn and he snap called me with Ah As 7h 3h only for me t ohit my flush on the river and win anyway. My thinking on the hand was that he had either a set of 6's, ace king with or without flush draws or the bare aces...two of those hands i crush on the turn and even of it is worst case scenario (aces) i have a fair amount of outs to win...then again twice this week in omaha i got my stack in with top set against bottom or middle set only for the other guy to hit quads on me so hitting my quads if he had aces seemed to be easy enough to do also

Comment

I'd just repot the flop and consider it a cooler if he has bare AA.
                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Working...
                X