Call or fold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call or fold?

Money bubble with 4 players left in $5.50 S'n'G.

Villain is on the button and had been stealing my blind a lot 4 or 5 orbits previously. I've been folding a lot because I've been card dead and was waiting for good ones to come along. Which brought us to this hand - I've KQo.

Blinds 200/400

BTN villain 2500
    BB hero 4250
    UTG 2350
    Sb 4000 approx

Villain shoves on the button, call or fold?
    Last edited by curleywurley; 16-07-11, 21:59.

Originally posted by curleywurley View Post
    Money bubble with 4 players left in $5.50 S'n'G.

Villain is on the button and had been stealing my blind a lot 4 or 5 orbits previously. I've been folding a lot because I've been card dead and was waiting for good ones to come along. Which brought us to this hand -

Blinds 200/400

BTN villain 2500
    BB hero 4250
    UTG 2350
    Sb 4000 approx

Villain shoves on the button, call or fold?
    MAybe I'm missing something here but what cards did you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Tilt Gone View Post
      MAybe I'm missing something here but what cards did you have?
      lol, sorry I've fixed my post now, I had KQ.

Comment

call or fold nothing wrong with either imo
        but folding is playing really tight when you should be loosening up

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

fold

Comment

villian is pushing atc here he has stolen the last 5 blinds, i would call here tbh =

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
              villian is pushing atc here he has stolen the last 5 blinds, i would call here tbh =
              Villain has not stolen for 4-5 orbits, sorry if that was not clear. I too would've called even 2 orbits ago, but wondered whether I should risk so much of my stack in what is on average a 60/40 shot or so.

I guess the crucial point is to work out how valuable it is to take the player out vs protecting my stack.

I'm a beginner in sng's.

Comment

Its a call IMO. If he is a regular SNG player as well it makes it an easier call as they will be pushing light with hads with fold equity that flop well if called. Players are turning over hands like suited connectors, small pairs and also a lot of hands that you have crushed like QJ, KJ type hands. So IMO a fold is just to nitty.

Comment

i think i call here... u are ahead of alot of his range and in decent shape against the rest unless youv walked into AA/KK/AK/AQ...

i take my chances here in this format especially as said before if this guy is a regular SnG player..

Comment

Try this out:
                    Free push-or-fold Nash ICM calculations for the endgame of NLHE tournaments.

Looks close. I auto call here most of the time against a good or agroish player.
                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

call

instant call you are ahead 2/3 of his range

Comment

If villain is shoving a range of say: PP's/Ax/Kx/Q8+/J7+/connectors this is a standard call, and I guess if he's stolen 4/5 times previously, even this might be a conservative range to assign him.
                        Even though it's the bubble, and it's for a decent % of your stack, it won't knock you out, and the blinds will have gone through you with UTG still v. short so wouldn't worry too much about bubble/ICM factor too much.
                        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                          fold
                          I dont play sit and goes, but I guess at this stage and 4 handed from a guy who was abusing my blinds, I would just shove it in there with KQ.

As for bubblekings answer, whats this shyte with a 1 word answer. Thats as much help as an ashtray on a motorbike. Posters are coming in here and asking about hands looking for advice. Your know it all attitude by just saying "fold" with no explanation is useless to the op. It would be much better if you just didnt reply to the thread if 1) You are too lazy to give the reasons for your advice or 2) You dont actually know and so cant explain the advice you are giving.

Just my 2c

Connie

Comment

connie i see what you mean but to be fair to bubbleking he answered the question that was asked which is better than no answer at all, you're bein a bit harsh on him, my 2 cents... the poster even thanked him for it
                            Last edited by alanmc101; 20-07-11, 02:59.

Comment

Sorry to go against the trend, but I think it's a fold

I'm not a nitty player, but your calling ranges should be so much tighter than your shoving ranges.

Dominated by a few hands ak aa kk qq , flipping with pocket pairs, not a huge fave over atc's.

You've a good stack keep your good posistion and move on.

I haven't got sng wiz on this computer but I think it would show a clear fold

Comment

The op is a little unclear, are you saying the button folded the last 4 or 5 orbits in the same spot, if so I fold here. Or was there action before which is why he didn't steal.

OP is unclear tbh

Comment

Originally posted by alanmc101 View Post
                                  connie i see what you mean but to be fair to bubbleking he answered the question that was asked which is better than no answer at all, you're bein a bit harsh on him, my 2 cents... the poster even thanked him for it

Its nothing personnel at all there. I dislike any poster coming on a theory thread giving a 1 word answer. Posters are asking the questions because they are unsure about how they played the hand. If the answer is fold, the least we could do is give at least a 1 paragraph reason as to why its a fold instead of just a 1 word answer. I dont mean to hit out at bubbleking here,(although in fairness it looks like that), that post was meant for any poster that gives a 1 word answer. It might be an obvious fold to us, but lets explain why to the op who asks, because obviously, the op is unsure.

PS: Sorry if any offence was taken by my post. No offence was intended.

Connie

Comment

by the way i think this is a a call, hes been active on the button and hes pushin 6 bigs with only 2 players to get thru with fold equity and it is the bubble, it'd be very unlucky to be dominated in this spot. Flippin at worst vast majority of the time

Comment

Working...
                                    X