UTG ($90.58)
    Hero ($187.35)
    CO ($122.35)
    BTN ($217.28)
    SB ($223.50)
    BB ($100)

Pre-Flop: ($1.50, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 A:diamond: A:spade:
    1 fold, Hero raises to $3.50, 2 folds, SB calls $3, 1 fold

Flop: 10:club: 8:diamond: 8:heart: ($8, 2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets $6, SB raises to $19, Hero calls $13

Turn: Q:club: ($46, 2 players)
    SB bets $36, Hero calls $36

River: 5:spade: ($118, 2 players)
    SB bets $81, Hero ?

Villain is 25/20/2.8 over 200 hands. He is kinda laggy and aggro. I am unsure if he is good or not, but he isnt bad.

Thoughts on river and the hand as played?

What would you do with JJ in my shoes?

Just a note.

Villain has aggro stats, but hasn't been aggro vs me. This is the first real pot we played.

Comment

I would probably fold the turn. He needs to have total air here for us to be think of calling the turn and river. His value range crushes us so badly and almost 200bb deep hes going to be raising the flop with all his value hands. J9 also got there on the turn. If the Q didn't come I might see the river. I would like some reads that hes capable of bluffing like this almost 200bb here with a heavily weight range of air

Comment

His value range is super narrow though, 8x, TT and J9. If he's at all capable of having air im calling down.

JJ is probably the same as AA here(unless he's slowplayed KK or something), and we have blockers for J9.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
          I would probably fold the turn. He needs to have total air here for us to be think of calling the turn and river. His value range crushes us so badly and almost 200bb deep hes going to be raising the flop with all his value hands. J9 also got there on the turn. If the Q didn't come I might see the river. I would like some reads that hes capable of bluffing like this almost 200bb here with a heavily weight range of air
          +1

Comment

Fold turn looks good.
            Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

I'd call turn and river here with AA, he's repping 1010 or 8x only.
              I'd fold JJ on the turn in this hand though.
              "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

is there a reason QQ isnt in his range? fold turn reluctantly.
                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

zuroph in theory forum. A first surely!

Comment

lol. here I come, headfirst! I'm determined to learn and get going from next month, i do occasionally lurk, but I try to avoid posting after a drunken "how many callers before you ditch AA" self-destruct of a post about 3-4 years ago.
                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker;31713[B
                      ]His value range is super narrow though, 8x, TT and J9. If he's at all capable of having air im calling down.[/B]
                      Thats quite a lot of combos though, he can proably have 86+ as he is quite loose preflop and as its deep enough he can probably call with most 86s+ hands.

If this was 100bb I'd call him down but the fact that we are much deeper I think we can fold here, sure it might be a big fold here on the turn but a lot of the time in this spot we are toasted.

Comment

Yeah just cos someone is polarised doesnt mean they dont have it. Polarisation is one thing, but weighting is also important. I think his range is weighted alot more to value hands than bluffs here.
                        Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
                          I'd call turn and river here with AA, he's repping 1010 or 8x only.
                          I'd fold JJ on the turn in this hand though.
                          Sweet me too. Call all bets ftw.

Comment

I don't like calling the turn bet without the intention of calling the river and I think this is bad. He's not value betting worse so your just bluff catching by calling and this deep and at 100nl I think he is very rarely bluffing here. Fold turn and sigh, but be happy as its not a great spot to be in this deep and he's clearly trying to get as much money in the pot as possible.

Comment

Working...
                            X